Melee Project BlackIce

punwisp

Reaction score
Project Black Ice

Before you read on just note Black Ice is just a code name, it isn't the actual name for the project. Also this is a evolve of Warcraft EG, which took a new direction.

Story
During the third war, the Lich King noticed how much more powerful, and more intelligent the Ice Trolls were compared to Forest Trolls, sense Ice Trolls were mostly in Northrend, Ner'zhul wanted to take advantage of these powerful warriors to increase his army power. However when Illidan damaged the Frozen Throne, the Lich King was losing his power, thus losing control of a fraction of his army(this is when sylvannas broke apart and a number of other undead minions joined her) Including this was the Ice Trolls, which were enhanced by a large degree with Demonic Corruption, once they weren't capable of creating a civilization, and were merely just brute hostile units in Tribes. Now King Malakk came to Throne to gather up the tribes that were in control by the Lich King, King Malakk wanted take advantage of this, and take his shot onto the world, so he created a Elite fighting force to defend off the scourge while there new empire was formed.

King Malakk traveled to Kalimdor during the third war, before the orcs discovered Kalimdor, they were searching for allies, while searching, one of King Malakks search parties ran into a underground cave full of Dark Trolls, most of the search party was killed, but King Malakk had interest in these trolls, hes heard they are the most populated troll race in azeroth, and he felt he could use that to his advantage. So he sent a small army, along with himself into the underground cave, he ran into many magic wielding trolls, known as warlocks, it was a fierce fight as him and his small army traveled the underground cave, until he ran into there clans chieftan, Zan'gash. King Malakk challenged Zan'gash for the supremacy of his clan, after a fierce fight, King Malakk defeated Zan'gash, cut off his head, and showed it to his clan, telling them they belong to him now.

When gathering the Dark Trolls, he watched as they swarmed out of the cave, hundreds of warlocks, and powerfully built warrors gathered by a lake near by. Before he came to Kalimdor he also made allies with numerous tribes of other races that want revenge against the Lich King and rest of the world.

After Arthas fused with Ner'zhul, most of the Scourge went back to northred, while The lich King re-gathers his army and plans his invasion. King Malakks Empire grew to a large extend, having many allies from the north, and new ones including the Dark Trolls,few tribes of Jungle and forest trolls, the New Troll Empire was a new threat to deal with, though the Horde and Alliance didn't know about it until a few raiding and scouting parties attacked Theremore and a few outposts of the Horde. Though they had no idea it was a entire Empire invading until some orc scouts and theremore scouts discovered a massive army marching across Kalimdor.

They also found out that isn't even close to the there full army, many scouts discovered several massive armies across Eastern Kingdoms and around Kalimdor.

Each faction needs to find allies fast, and put a end to this new Empire. The Night elves fully joined the Stormwind Alliance, giving there full support. The Forsaken also made a similiar of course temporary pact with the Horde. A numbers of units from each faction have joined the horde and Alliance. Though it may not be enough to stop King Malakk and his massive Troll Empire...

I've looked up numerous things like on Wow Wiki, and this fanfic story Can fit perfectly with the timeline, sense this is between WoW and Warcraft 3, I've looked up numerous names, tribes, the Ice trolls and Dark trolls, so I tried hard to make it so they fit in. Sense there is a 5 year difference, and little info between them besides a few books it gives me and a friend working with me in this a great opportunity to create this. King Malakk is a actual character in world of warcraft, there isn't much lore for him but hes the perfect candidate to lead this new empire. He is currently the Frost King of Gundrak city in Northrend. Which after the Troll Empire is obviously defeated he retreats back to Northrend and commands a decent army and stays at his capital, and lives in peace, though hes i pretty evil, the lore defines him as greedy, evil and ravenous. Also I can't remember offhand but not long ago Zul'drak nation was formed in which is a Ice Troll Nation. So I can make this whole story make sense =).

General
"Old, old information from week agos, hasn't been updated yet"
This Project works to continue where Warcraft 3 left off, during the 4-5 years between WC3 and WoW, besides the book, there isn't much history in between, which gives us a advantage in the storyline and this project.

This project focuses on a new faction that joins the war, a new kind of troll empire emerges, only Forest Trolls have nothing to do with this war or empire, this new empire consists of Ice trolls(mainly), Dark Trolls, and other races from the icey continent of Northrend, and other icey regions. This new Empire joins the fray because there leader (unknown) Sees a advantage, sense the third war, most bastions of human power are all but gone(except stormwind and theremore) The horde is weakend, and the Scourge has fled back to Northrend, with only leaving camps and small armies everywhere.

The Horde and the Alliance are not allies anymore, they are at war, and to strengthen each faction, the forsaken has joined the horde, in which units from undead will be present in this faction. The Alliance has more Dwarven support and the full submission of the Night Elves.
Night Elves and the Undead are no longer playable in this project, you can use some of the units that were in them in each factions arsenal. This project will mainly focus on 3 factions, which the story revolves around this new Troll Empire, in which later on a more detail storyline on where they came from, and how they could hide themselves will be revealed later on.

The new Troll Empire, focuses on brute force, in which most units have either piercing, sieging, or magic damage. Sense most units will be pretty powerful, most will be considered unarmored, so they have less armor(defense).

in this map there will be small neutral Hostile bases in specific locations, normally they will be demonic or renegade orcs, if they are destroyed, theres rewards.

In this first map it will be a set of islands, which mostly contain ogres everywhere, each island is a decent size for a base, each contain a Goldmine, a good amount of gold. You can't rush in this one, there are shipyards everywhere however.

There will be campaign maps, but until then it will mostly be special melee maps. I would also like to mention that because there are only 3 factions now, it will be easier to balance, thus we can add more units, a lot more.
This is the progress we have so far

Terrain-72%
Terrain Detail-62%
Units-56%
Models-23%
Triggers-0%

Job Openings
The biggest thing we need at the moment is a good modeler, reason is we need icey kinda troll buildings, and specific troll models. I've tried requesting for models on numerous sites, but I've been mostly ignored.
So far there are only 2 of us on the team(officially) we would like 3, which should be the Modeling position, this is a very important position, and greatly needed.

Also in this map there will be small neutral Hostile bases in specific locations, normally they will be demonic or renegade orcs, if they are destroyed, theres rewards.

In this first map it will be a set of islands, which mostly contain ogres everywhere, each island is a decent size for a base, each contain a Goldmine, a good amount of gold. You can't rush in this one, there are shipyards everywhere however.

Within a week I will add a lot more information, Organize this thread some, and post some screenies of the terrain and units.

Units
New Troll Empire(Temporary name)
Troll Warrior- A powerful Ice Troll equipped with very sharp and powerful blades attached to there wrists. They start out with around 21-23 damage, but are considered small or unarmored for there defense, seeing how they have no armor. Though with there fast attack speed and damage, don't doubt them, for they are powerful in numbers

Troll Slayer- This is pretty much a headhunter only its a ice troll carrying and spear with sharp icey ends.

Frost Wolf Rider- This unit carries a large Icey axe riding a Frost Wolf, similar to the orc unit "Raider" Only its damage is considered normal rather then siege, this unit is good if you want to scout or hunt down weak units fleeing battle.

Frost Priest- Weak range unit that can cast heal and has a aura that slows enemies movement. Has magic damage type.

Shadow Warlock- Weak ranged unit that can cast Raise dead and a Aura like Bloodlust, which increases HP by 20%, gives unit +4 damage and +2 armor. has Chaos damage type.

Shadow Warlord- Powerful Ranged unit that has a weak unholy aura.

Frost Warlord- Powerful Melee unit that has a weak Endurance Aura.

icey Catapult- Not as strong as the orcs catapult but has a spell that allows it to slow unit production when it hits a building.

here is the terrain I got so far, just look at the mini-map and you'll know I've gotten a lot done on it.
http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackiceterrainwj6.jpg

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
So I'm assuming that every map that the Ice Troll Empire is playable in, the terrain will be snowy? You are kind of limiting the environment they can play in. That's just my opinion.

Anyways, sounds like it could be very good if done right. Good luck! :thup:

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
So I'm assuming that every map that the Ice Troll Empire is playable in, the terrain will be snowy? You are kind of limiting the environment they can play in. That's just my opinion.

Anyways, sounds like it could be very good if done right. Good luck! :thup:
Maybe some stages will be winter-forest terrain?

punwisp

Reaction score
No, actually most won't be snowy, if the story was read, King Malakk invaded both Easetern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, his main capital is in Northrend, and when we start on the campaign I will explain in even more detail what happends through out this war, eventually he is beaten back to his capital, and fends off the Horde and Alliance, he was defeated but horde and Alliance showed some mercy and now that empire is just a small nation commanding a capital and soon Zul'drak.
The first map they will be on is a island based map

Also anyone who has links to ice troll buildings and units I would greatly aprpeciate links! and if a modeler would like to help i would be greatly helped too.

Story wise I hope to to make this sound accurate and fit into the lore, I don't do what most people do and dont look things up and just make a stroy that contradicts the lore and makes no sense, way I made it, it does, and if you look up things ive talked about, it cane asily fit in.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Looks very interesting, correct and fascinating lore. Can't wait for the campaign maps. One thing about the lore however seemed strange, you mention when the ice trolls are released from the witch king's control, that a lot of them were enhanced by daemonic corruption. These seems odd, since the lich king and demons don't go along well, seeing as the lich king sought to free himself from his daemon masters.

punwisp

Reaction score
At the time I wrote I was trying to think of something so for now I said Demonic corruption, later on I'll fix that, maybe later today.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Haha, I bet you started this because of that stasksx guy's idea for this. :D

Good luck! :thup:

punwisp

Reaction score
actually no... I didnt even know he had that project, and I just now posted this "here" last night, I posted this first a while back on Pollama, and posted it here and the hive, plus this evolved from a project I've been working on most of the summer. I've looked at no other projects sense then.

punwisp

Reaction score
Ok, this has been inactive a few days, and the site I normally have my projects discussed is under constant backing up right now so, we need to discuss the following

New ideas for the new Troll Empire
Whether to add any new races to it(Chaos orcs maybe)
If we add in races like Chaos orcs we need to have some lore ideas on how to fit them into the plot, and how they would sink into Wow.

If we add Chaos orcs to the race, we can add in the flying units for the race, a awesome looking hero, and a few other units.
Also sense The Hives modelers are way to picky and arrogant to take my requests, getting no help and having no luck with finding models I need(yes I checked google) I decided to add Forest Trolls to the race, i didn't want to but for now I have, so we have some Forest Troll units.

Any ideas? We need them, also if u have links to sites with troll models please post them

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
You can also add certain creatures such as spiders, wolves etc... to represent animals trained for war by the Trolls.

punwisp

Reaction score
im not adding spiders xD, I've added wolves and Nerubians so far.

Added a link to terrain i got so far

punwisp

Reaction score
Sorry with the lack of update here but I barely get any feedback here, so I will rarely update, its way more active here http://www.pollama.com/project-blackice/ , it has its own sub forum on the site, and the main thread is pretty long, and if your interested in updates and such there all there, this project is far from dead.

Rofl, I haven't updated this in a long time, and a lot has changed, rofl, anyway theres a lot new things, and maps I've added, theres 3 maps I'm making of the same project, there in the thread "Planned versions".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.