[Project] Gods and Tribes

R

R-T-H

I'm making a map with gods, tribes and myth units. I need your opinions, suggestions and maybe I’ll need some beta-testers . . . ^.^ (I’m not at the alpha yet :p)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is 3 gods and 9 tribes in the game.

Alliances cannot be made beetween gods. Alliance are made by mortals (tribes) who type a sentence(e.g.: – I beg before the God of Air(not final)). That’s why Gods must offer tribes their support and visa-versa. Tribes become allies when they have the same gods.

The ultimate goal is to destroy all sanctuaries of ennemy Gods.

There is 6 possibilities for gods:
The God of Air
The God of Earth
The God of Water
The God of Fire
The God of Light
The God of Shadow
(Only one element per god)

Gods possess one sanctuary, 2 divine towers and a shrine (of their element).

Gods uses Divinity Points(this name isn't final), which is the lumber currency.

Gods cannot harvest Divinity Points. Divinity Points are gained when the priests of your tribes workship at their temple.

Gods can produce myth units with their shrine, all myth units are specific to their element.

Tribes only have one race(human), they have normal attack and armor. Except for their only hero, the Chieftain, who has a chaotic attack.

The only hero Gods can have on the map is their Avatar (e.g.: Avatar of Air, etc.). the Avatar is an hero that have powerful spells and abilities. The Avatar have a Divine Armor and a chaotic attack.

Tribes units are weak, but they can have big armies (around 150 units).

Tribes only use gold as currency, not lumber/divinity points.

Myth Units have a mythic armor(customized unarmored armor) that reduces damage from attacks(except from chaotic attack) by 50%. They all have Chaotic Attack.

A god cannot use his myth units outside a certain Sanctuary radius, he must give it to one if his tribes to allow it to act into the the world at its full potential. :p

Here are the myth units for each element:

Fire:
Tier 1: Fire Elemental
Tier 2: Salamander
Tier 3: Blazing Wolf
Tier 4: Effrit
Tier 5: Phoenix

Water:
Tier 1: Water Elemental
Tier 2: Siren
Tier 3: Hydra
Tier 4: Kraken
Tier 5: Leviathan

Air:
Tier 1: Air Elemental
Tier 2: Harpy
Tier 3: Gryphon/Griffin(not sure about the spelling)
Tier 4: Roc
Tier 5: Quetzalcouatl

Earth :
Tier 1: Earth Elemental
Tier 2: Centaur
Tier 3: Gargoyle
Tier 4: Minotaur
Tier 5: Colossus

Light:
Tier 1: Wisp(=Light Elemental)
Tier 2: Pixie
Tier 3: Pegasus
Tier 4: Guardian
Tier 5: Angel

Shadow:
Tier 1: Shade(=Shadow Elemental)
Tier 2: Ghoul
Tier 3: Nightmare
Tier 4: Vampire
Tier 5: Demon

Mortal Units:
Warrior - Melee unit
Javeliner - Ranged unit
Priest - Healer/Workshipper
Chieftain(hero) - not as strong as Gods Avatars, but stronger than most myth units.

(I know it seems not enough, but since they have big armies, I decided to simplify the gestion of mortal armies, to allow a more powerful presence to myth units on the battlefield o_O')
--------------------------------------------------
Progression:
Terrain: ≈95%
Units: ≈90%
Spells/Abilities: ≈60%
Trigger: ≈20%
Other(modeling and skinning): ≈5%
--------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions, impressions, thoughts, etc.? (a better map name, for example <.< )

Thank you for reading this :D

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Names:
Divinity's Dirge
Sanctification Terrene
Immortal Apocolypse
Conquest of the Gods
Sacrosanctum (Sacrosanct + Sanctum)
Ascension to Immortality

I think you'd need to include more elements than 6; add some non-classical elements, like Time, Space, Ice, Lightning, Nature, etc.

More variety in the tribal units section.

It sounds ok, not too exceptional. This could turn out good, if you put enough effort into making it fun and look good.

S

Star Ghost

I think it's a great idea!

The main problem I can see is that there can only be twelve players in the game, and if you have 6 gods, that means you only have 6 tribes, but that may be you idea anyway, to have one tribe for each god.

I agree strongly with pheonixashes, I think you should use non-classic gods. But instead of adding more like he said, I think you should replace old ones. 6 is plenty. If there are too many gods then the tribes won't stand a chance and some gods will not get any worship points.

That reminds me, it's worship not workship:)

You should have more variety in your tribe units and maybe a choice between a warrior hero or a mage type/priest hero. A coll idea for a priest hero power would be an ability that converts a percentage of damage he deals into Divinity Points for his god.

A different name for Divinity points could be Prayer Points

S

Star Ghost

Oh yeah, I'll be beta tester to!

I was just thinking, I have played alot of other god maps, and they're all lacking in different ways which completely ruin them. You'll have to work really hard to balance this map and make sure that it's not just another corny God's Land map.

It's a really good idea and it seems like it won't be like the others, but keep that in mind.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I think you might want to have more then just 2 units in tribes who engage in combat, so that you can have a rock-paper-scissors cycled. Maybe cavalry?

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
For the Shadow Myth Creatures: For #5 You should have a Void Lord or something (based on Voidwalkers from WoW)

Theres DEFINENTLY a model for one: Theres one on DOBRP: Anathema on the Misc Creatures (the Void Creature)

R

R-T-H

This is absolutely not a gods land map :p.

I want to precise, there is only 3 gods in the game, (2 at minimum), and 9 tribes
Those 3 gods have the choice to be :
The god of Air, Water , Fire , Earth, Light or Shadow.

At start i was thinkning about mixing elements, like air+water =God of Ice Shadow+Fire=God of War,etc. , but when i started triggering this, it was too complicated for me:p, so
I Decided to keep it simple by having only 6 choices.
Maybe I'll add more elements later, but since I worked hard to find 5 myth units for each element, I think I'll stay with these 6 for now

I think I might add cavalry,but I'm not sure. I know it may seems very restriced for unit choices , but don't forget mortals will also get myth units

->Forgot to say that the Sanctuaries wil be able to cast spell that are common to every god, such as :

"Call of Sanctuary":bring 24(or more maybe?) targeted friendly units to your sanctuary
"Summon Goldmine": summon a Goldmine with 5000 gold at the targeted location. This is a way to make tribes dependant from their god, while himself is dependant from his tribes for his santuary's protection.
"Gold for Divinity Points": allow the god to exchange some divinity points against gold, especially useful to mortals since the gods have no uses of gold.(except for buying item such as heling potion,etc.)

---And some other I'll write later since I won't have enough time to write them right now---

I thought about naming divinity points "favor", but it's the same thing as ''age of mythology'', and I don't want to plagerize.

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Hi,love the map. It sounds great! If it ever gets finished then i would gladley play it, but i cant be a tester :( I have too many things to do and i never know when i can get on to b.net. When it gets finished i hope to see a lot of people playing it, as it sounds great!:D

S

Star Ghost

Oh I see what you mean about the gods now :p

I didn't understand that they could choose, but it all makes sense now and sounds even more awesome than before!

And you do need at LEAST three units for the tribes unless you plan on using the myth creatures as a main unit for them, not just an occasional support one. This way you cn take advantage of the different unit attack and armor that Warcraft 3 has, so some units are stronger than others (I think thats what WolSHaman is talking about).

T

Tharkan

I think this map sounds awesome, I would gladly beta test it, Aswell as give new suggestinons for more mythical units? And spells that would look regular for the Mythical creatures, well, just give me a whisper and / or private message, BNet Name : Dwarfan[LpoS]
Northrend[Europe]

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
So some players are tribes and some are gods?

You should add some global spells, like a meteor for fire, a black hole for shadow and maybe some abilities the gods can use to aid and reward the tribes that support them.

R

R-T-H

Yes, that's why Avatars are here, they are here to casts ''epic/godly'' spells (volcano,Blizzard,earthquake,etc.)

Right now, I'm having a lot of troubles with alliances triggers. I'm thinking about giving up this map...

:(

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Right now, I'm having a lot of troubles with alliances triggers. I'm thinking about giving up this map...

:(
Don't despair, theres plenty of great ally systems on this site. the one i used is made by ikilledkenny, and lets you ally/unally in 2 trigs, id suggest you search for it.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here's a simple -ally, -unally trigger.

Code:
Ally
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            Conditions
                                (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)))) Equal to (Integer A)
                                (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 22)) Equal to AllyStringName[(Integer A)]
                                (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 17)) Equal to AllyStringColor[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Make (Triggering player) treat (Player((Integer A))) as an Ally with shared vision
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + ( has created an alliance with  + (Name of (Player((Integer A))))))
                    Else - Actions

Code:
Unally
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            Conditions
                                (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)))) Equal to (Integer A)
                                (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 22)) Equal to AllyStringName[(Integer A)]
                                (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 17)) Equal to AllyStringColor[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Make (Triggering player) treat (Player((Integer A))) as an Enemy
                        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + ( has declared war with  + (Name of (Player((Integer A))))))
                    Else - Actions

Code:
Setting Up Triggers
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set AllyPF = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
        Player Group - Pick every player in AllyPF and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set AllyStringName[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Name of (Picked player))
                Trigger - Add to Ally <gen> the event (Player - (Picked player) types a chat message containing -ally as A substring)
                Trigger - Add to Unally <gen> the event (Player - (Picked player) types a chat message containing -unally as A substring)
        Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = red
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = blue
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = teal
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = purple
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = yellow
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = orange
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = green
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = pink
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = grey
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = light blue
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = dark green
        Set AllyStringColor[Integer] = brown
        Custom script:   call DestroyForce(udg_AllyPF)
        Custom script:   call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

Elite Footmen

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.