Defense Protect the Tower

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>I was expecting to be able to at least build something.
Building isn't fun :)
>About the only thing I could do was to pickup runes which wasn't very effective.

Hm... you are doing it wrong. Try Roots and burn. That combo kills almost everything

>I got tons of gold and lumber for which I had no use.
Let me re-make that: "I got tons of gold and lumber for which I had no use, yet"
There will be a use for them, It is just not implemented yet.
Well, actually I am not entirely convinced that there should even be gold and lumber, but w/e

>The game ran very smoothly.
Nice, I was almost 100% that it will crash in the first second or so.

>Why was there a Handle counter, though?
dude, it is open beta version. Still, looking for bugs, abuses, balance and such.

>This map would be more fun to play in multiplayer.
Well, there is going to be a multiplayer version, though until we balance the single player version it won't be our primary concern.

>My tower died too quickly.
Worked as designed.

Well, thanks a lot for the feedback. At this point I am hitting my head in the desk trying to find out a simple way to make the mage's spells actually have effect. I am thinking of making the abilities in the game only auto-casting because in the massacre that is taking place, you should mainly be collecting the runes and taking care of the enemy creatures, not aiming spells :D

Thanks again for the feedback.

EDIT: Good job, Gtam !

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
for some reason i can only reach 10 min with the undeads the others i die quikly with

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, lol, the map has been on epicwar for less then 3 hours and it has been downloaded 80 times.

>for some reason i can only reach 10 min with the undeads the others i die quikly with
coincidence

Reaction score
> The game ran very smoothly.
Phew, glad to hear it. It was a little laggy for me.

> Why was there a Handle counter, though?
As Bloody said, it's expected to have some bugs so it's there to keep track of things.

> This should be changed to what it really does.
Copy/paste errors, all typos will get fixed.

> This map would be more fun to play in multiplayer.
Already planned for multiplayer (and ready for it I think) but for now it will be sp until we polish all the things. :thup:

Gtam

Reaction score
Hey, lol, the map has been on epicwar for less then 3 hours and it has been downloaded 80 times.

>for some reason i can only reach 10 min with the undeads the others i die quikly with
coincidence

I tried 5 times with eeach race and only undead gets me to 10 min

Gtam

Reaction score
its faster to hold control and click a building then select a race then start traning then then it to have 4 diffrent types of buildings

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Worked as designed.
Acehart's FAQ style.
Will test it soon. Gotta do some rushing of work and stuff -_-

PS: Perhaps it would be good if you could group different building types into a single group, for easier management. Perhaps make them units (or something) instead of buildings xD

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Uhm, if you are worried that you must click on build footman, every time a footman is trained to continue production, there is a loop for that. Whenever a unit finishes building a unit, a unit of the built type, is set to be last in the building queene.

>Acehart's FAQ style.

I am blushing. <3

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Wonderful map! It was really fast-paced and fun while it lasted xD
I tried mixing. Didn't work really well :S Maybe because I didn't rune enough.
Undead is the best race IMO, got to 720 seconds on my second try :D

Just one question though, why do the buildings have mana? Is the mana supposed to determine how much of the game is completed? Or does it have other uses?
I think that the mana should probably allow training of a Super Unit that requires loads of Gold/Lumber and maximum mana. Something like that.

I also find it difficult to get near runes sometimes. Instead of using the trained units to pick up runes, perhaps the player should have a super-fast unit at the beginning to pick up runes, just for the sake of reaching them in time xD

Would also be wonderful if you added a simple AI for the troops to make them Auto-Cast their spells. Its impossible (for myself) to cast spells and keep an eye on the battle at the same time.

This map is awesome! Good job!

EDIT: Damn. My actual time was ~11 minutes. I think the timer should reset after a rematch. I'm not sure if it does at this stage.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Wonderful map! It was really fast-paced and fun while it lasted xD

Thanks for the kind words.

>I tried mixing. Didn't work really well :S Maybe because I didn't rune enough.
*cough* human healers + undead ghouls/zombies *cough*
>Undead is the best race IMO, got to 720 seconds on my second try
what hte hell? On the new version on easy, my best try is 666.... oh, right, that is why I am a mapper.

> also find it difficult to get near runes sometimes. Instead of using the trained units to pick up runes, perhaps the player should have a super-fast unit at the beginning to pick up runes, just for the sake of reaching them in time xD

at your own risk type -switch. I repeat, at your own risk.
>Would also be wonderful if you added a simple AI for the troops to make them Auto-Cast their spells. Its impossible (for myself) to cast spells and keep an eye on the battle at the same time.

fixed in the new version. :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Human had Healers!? I never knew 0_o
I could try that again.
Once again, the timer doesn't reset after each round. Would also be cool if they told you how long you survived (in minutes and seconds xD)

Reaction score
Well the handle counter's timer wasn't designed to reset or whatever - it just comes with the feature to show elapsed game time. Which means that currently there is nothing to count how much minutes have passed o_o... Why do I always forget the simplest things?

Reaction score
Protect The Tower ~2 Changelog

- Your combo meter resets to zero 15 seconds after you reach "Smokin' Sick Style" (last level).
- Runes have 20 seconds life. After that they disappear forever without their effect triggering.
- Added 4 difficulties: easy, normal, insane and overwhelming.
- Removed the bounty received from kills (as well as the row in the multiboard).
- Added a timer (clock?) on the multiboard so you can see how much time has elapsed/how much time you have before you win.
- New rune - Void Rune - that grants area of effect Haste or drops a new totally random rune (from all 4).
- You cannot use whosyourdaddy (will get disabled eventually).

Reaction score
Protect The Tower ~3 Changelog

- Runes now have a 25% chance to drop, down from 35%.
- Rescaled the unit spawning on easy/normal/insane/overwhelming mode.
It is now 6/8/10/12, instead of 7/10/12/14.
- New rune - Overlord Rune. Grants AoE healing or summons a special monster for you.

-----------------
Should be the first stable and balanced version...

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Is it supposed to be that easy? I mean, units had no gold cost (Hotkeys were not highlighted either...) so all I did was just spam them. Then, they continued to train even without my consent which was great. Runes just made it easier. I played on normal, btw.

Gtam

Reaction score
why is everyone winning with undead and not with others

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.