PS3 Controller Mysterious Leak and Break

Cognitor

Reaction score
After I moved I hadn't unpacked my PS3 for quite some time. Finally, about five months later, I open everything up and my controller has some mysterious liquid on the thumbsticks. It was clear and oderless. The controller was in a box and dry the entire time that I had it stored.

I read somewhere else that if it's not charged for an extended period of time some kind of chemical reaction happens with the battery or whatnot, and it that should just be charged to fix the problem. When I plug it in and press the Playstation button, nothing happens. The light usually blinks when it's charging from what I remember, and the controller seems good as dead.

My Question is: Am I out a controller due to some kind of battery meltdown, or is there something else I should/can do to make it work? ...also, if anybody knows, what exactly happend to the controller? :nuts:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Never heard of this, but I'd definitely call Sony and try to get them to give you a free controller. This kind of stuff should not be happening...

Cognitor

Reaction score
Good idea but my controller came from bestbuy a few years ago - not used or anything fishy. I think I'm just going to toss it and cut my losses :/. Games are a-waitin'.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.