Question on Area of Effect of Magic Sentry

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

You know the Magic Sentry Ability on the Human Towers? I can't seem to find where it specified its area of effect (i.e. for how large a radius does it reveal invisible units). Can someone tell me how can I change this value?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mindless

Reaction score
What??? This is a serious setback... My tower has sight range of the whole map but I don't want it to reveal all the invisible units on the map!

Any workarounds... thanks though for telling me this.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
The tower has an ability called Magic Sentry. Go to the Ability Editor, then edit the settings for Magic Sentry... Quite straightforward.

Mindless

Reaction score
It's just that the Area of Effect for the Ability Magic Sentry is 0. How can that be when it does reveal invisible units?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It reveals invisible units, which means anything you should see but is invisible, will be seen. You could make a dummy unit with a shorter sight range, and give Magic Sentry to that unit.

johnnymra

Reaction score
In my experience, magic sentry gives sight over invisible units to all the units sight range. Yet you could make an ability based on True Sight (from the shade or scout owl) and the area of effect of that spell is the 'cast range'.
Or you could do as karfnomekop said and make a dummy unit with the magic sentry ability.

Mindless

Reaction score
Ahh... thanks, I forgot about those abilities (True Sight from the shade)... I'll try it. Thanks a lot guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.