Question regarding the loading screen

Kiido

Reaction score

Baltazhar

Reaction score
After importing your custom image as loading screen, make sure that you try it in a LAN (or B.net) game. In single player you need to press a key every time, in LAN you can test if you actually need to or not.

I made a tutorial about this, but I had a lot of things wrong. However, you can still learn from it :)
My tutorial

Hope it helps ^^

Kiido

Reaction score
Yep, I've tried it in both lan and online games, the need to press any key persists.

I checked out your tutorial, it was great. Although, will I be able to do this with the loadingscreen.mdx method? (the one where you don't need to quarter your image)

Anyway, I will try step 4 alone, if it still doesn't work, I'll try removing all the text. I'll post the results when I have em.

Kiido

Reaction score
Okay, step 4 (set to melee - latest patch) didn't work, but removing all the text in the loading screen does.

I guess ill just put the text directly into the .blp of my loading screen.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
[del]I've noticed that maps with shorter load times usually have the "press any key to continue" thing, but larger maps do not. Maybe this function was designed so that people aren't thrown into a game thinking the load time will be longer than it actually is, and thus not being ready to play (going afk for half a min or so during load...we all do it).[/del]

IGNORE ME!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
its pretty simple.

in single player the "press any key to continue" is always there, you cannot remove it.

in multiplayer (lan / BNet) "press any key" is required only if your map got a description text. no description, no press any key.

SanKakU

Reaction score
Okay, step 4 (set to melee - latest patch) didn't work, but removing all the text in the loading screen does.

I guess ill just put the text directly into the .blp of my loading screen.

yeah, that'll probably be better anyway. you can't place the text wherever you want at any rate. so put the text on the picture works good. it's just kindof a drag to add on a new version number every time you want to update the map...

Kiido

Reaction score
Lol, so I took a screenie of the loading screen with Editor-placed text, and cut and pasted it onto the .blp of my new loading screen.

Looks absolutely -horrible- but oh well, gotta limit the map size...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.