Questions on function Damage Target

Linconius

Reaction score
So, a couple of questions on

JASS:
native UnitDamageTarget             takes unit whichUnit, widget target, real amount, boolean attack, boolean ranged, attacktype attackType, damagetype damageType, weapontype weaponType returns boolean

If boolean attack is true, does it count as proper attack damage from the damaging unit?? If so, so any affects that would be placed by the damaging units normal attacks be applied to the damaged unit??

And what does boolean ranged do?? I can (obviously) tell that it sets the damage to count as ranged, but what does that really mean?? Does it count as a ranged attack, or as something else??

Be really good if ppl could help :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
//! speculative

i think it does mean it is registered as an attack, and certain abilities (cleave, vampiric aura, etc) require a melee attack, and others (i think ice arrows/fire arrows) require ranged

//! endspeculative
:p

Dirac

Reaction score
Actually no, nothing stated on this thread is true.
The unit damage target native is not related to the unit's auto attack damage whatsoever.
Those booleans don't work

Linconius

Reaction score
KK Ty, so it doesn't count as an attack... Taht means that cleave passive wouldn't affect the damage if the damaging unit had cleave??

Also, in GUI, the damage target unit function has a range limit, if the damaging unit and the target are too far away from each other, the target doesn't get damaged.

Is this range issue also true for this native (unitdamagetarget)????

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i hadnt used them before thats why it was speculative, so far havent had a use for them... it is kind of a bummer how incomplete the world editor is though :(
I never realized there was a range for the damage target unit and im well versed in gui, are you sure that is true, and if it is true, why not just used a dummy unit placed at that target and just damage them via the dummy... if there is a range on both that is

StEaLtHmAn

Reaction score
I use it for alot in my map like falling damage and projectile collision in my map.

This is my BulletHit Function:
JASS:
function Col_BulletHit takes nothing returns nothing
local Collision C1 = CurrentC1
local Collision C2 =CurrentC2
local Object O1 = C1.M.O
local Object O2 = C2.M.O
local unit P1 = C1.M.P.Unit
local unit P2 = C2.M.P.Unit
local boolean Match = false
local boolean Col = true
call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffect("Abilities\\Weapons\\BloodElfMissile\\BloodElfMissile.mdl",GetUnitX(P1),GetUnitY(P1)))
//----------------------------------
call UnitDamageTargetBJ(P1, P2, 50, ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL)
//----------------------------------
call RemoveUnit(P1)
if (Col==false) then
return
endif
set P1 = null
set P2 = null
endfunction

i haven't had any issues with it. But would like to know if there is a range limit...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.