Quick Question? A unit kills a unit...

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Is there an event; a unit kills a unit? I can find a unit dies and a unit attacks a unit, but not this. I need the triggering unit to be the one that kills a unit so I can add extra bounty to his kills as well as whatever else of I can think to do with this. Also are there more ways to add gold to a player than what I find. It just seems hard to give gold based on a units actions as the give gold goes to a player and I can't get the triggering unit to be the killing unit wich possesses my passive Collect Bounty ability. Thanks for your time guys and gals. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Instead of Triggering Unit use Killing Unit?
And I'm pretty sure there's not "unit kills a unit".
Use conditions/actions to determine the killing unit.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Instead of Triggering Unit use Killing Unit?
And I'm pretty sure there's not "unit kills a unit".
Use conditions/actions to determine the killing unit.

I can determine the killing unit fine, but there is no way that I know to give him gold. I can give gold to the triggering unit however with the event being a unit dies the killed unit gets it hence I need the even a unit kills a unit, but I don't think it exist.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
:nuts: ...
If you use "Killing Unit", the person that's killing would get the gold, not the person dying, that would be "Dying Unit".

DiFm

Reaction score
Bounty is determined on all Unnits why not just put On Melee initizilation player- enable bounty for all players

then on every unit you write the bount in the bounty data field at the bottom

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
:nuts: ...
If you use "Killing Unit", the person that's killing would get the gold, not the person dying, that would be "Dying Unit".

Yes well I don't know that much about triggers and although I can use killing unit in the condition or actions; I can't use it as an event and I think this is where the triggering unit is defined but I could be mistaken as I am very knew to this. However, what I have found is that if I use the event: a unit dies, and then work from there even defining the killing unit, and gold is given to the triggering unit, well then the player of they dying unit still gets the gold.

I'm sure there is a way to do it. I just have not been able to figure this out yet.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Bounty is determined on all Unnits why not just put On Melee initizilation player- enable bounty for all players

then on every unit you write the bount in the bounty data field at the bottom

Because I only want units killed under the Aura of my passive ability Bounty Collect to get the additional gold. Hence I have to script it somehow.

needsthehelp

Reaction score
Because I only want units killed under the Aura of my passive ability Bounty Collect to get the additional gold. Hence I have to script it somehow.

this what your looking for?

Code:
Trigger Test
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to Footman
    Actions
        Player - Set (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold to (0 + 100)

DiFm

Reaction score
LOL Whenever you can choose triggering Unit you can click on it and change it to killing unit heres a demo map with something extra in it. Showing the gold you Get and its based OF the level of the ability you can also make this a random value in limit of it but i made it like this to not complicate it to much.

Attachments

• Killing Unit.w3x
    18.6 KB · Views: 86
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.