R.I.P my computer

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Mmmk.

So my computer beeps consnatly , continus stream of beeps. Its extremely loud and annoying. for one.

My FPS rate? It has trouble loading youtube , in warcraft 3 , I was running 0.2 - 1.5 FPS.

Budget = 1.5k $ I have no idea how to build a computer so if anyone has an idea please tell me all the parts I need and I can figure it from there =)
fraid im gonna buy 2 parts that dont go together , ect

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I made a post a long time ago bout it overheating like mad. and since im a spoiled kid I coudln't care less.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
your computer is over heating, it might alreadt be to late late but when is the last time you cleaned your computer, you need to get a bottle of compressed air and clean out all the lint and dust, if it is real bad you will ne a brush with long brissles.

If your looking into building a new computer then you will need the following

motherboard
CPU
Ram
New Tower (optional)
Graphics Card (Optional Depending)
Audio Card (Optional Depending)
Hard Drive (optional)
Key Board (optional)
Mouse (optional)
CPU Cooling Device

With most places they offer the stuff bundled together.

For instance I went to the CompUSA web site and got a mother board, a quad CPU and 2 gigs of ram for $500. A good craphics card will run you between $250 and $500, sound card costs between $100 and $300. So you can build one with $1,500. Just 1 thing make sure every thing you buy is compatable.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Depending on what you want, you may have to make modifications. If you have an older computer, but your motherboard is still fine, it might still be better off getting a completely new computer, since it could be more expensive to get equivalent parts that are for older connection-types.

Sound card is definitely not needed. I'm running my sound off the motherboard, and it's handling my surround sound speakers just fine.

What you absolutely have to have:

Motherboard -- This is what you should base your computer off of. Try to get the best you can, for a good price. A crappy motherboard means that you will have to pay more for older parts that are cheaper made with new types of slots.

CPU -- Aim for either a dual-core processor or a quad-core. I recommend dual-core, because you rarely need more than two, and you can be running a few things faster than quad-core. (Quad-core is best for the constant multi-tasker, who does not use programs that are as CPU consuming). I recommend 2.4 GHz - 3.2 GHz for Dual core, and 2.0 GHz - 2.8 GHz for Quad core.

Graphics Card -- Aim between 256 MB and 768 MB (I believe 768 is the high end right now). Also try for a high DDR#, as that will improve the memory clock time. I recommend an NVidia card over an ATI card, though ATI does not have all that many problems.

RAM -- Aim between 1 and 3 GB. Make sure the number of pins on the RAM match the slot in your motherboard. Also try and get RAM with a high DDR#. DDR2 is the standard now, I believe, but the higher the number is, the faster your RAM can transfer information.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
For RAM if you get vista, and are a good shopper, can easily get 4gig with 320 HDD for only 499, as well as dual core 2.0 ghz processor, and then upgrade to a 22" screen, total about 700. Then just buy a graphics card, and then an extra fan / power supply if needed if you get a mad sweet card.

Just need to shop around, i spent like 1 week doing it and got a beast comp cheap

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.