Rain of Arrows spell trigger help

sidove

Reaction score
I have found Vexorian had made 1, but is rocket 1. You can go Resources section in www.wc3c.net to find it out.

That is what i want but i want to see the arrow coming and that the arrows shot depends on how many units there are in the group.

Well you could give them attack ground or something and have a trigger like this:
Trigger:

This part is Polar Projection: (Position of (Picked Unit) offset by (Random real number between 150.00 and 500.00) towards (Facing of (Picked Unit))

But now this leaks a group and a point. If you know how to fix it, then good, but I'll post a leak free trigger anyways:
Trigger:

Trigger:
  • ArrowTrigger
    • o Events
      • + Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • o Conditions
      • + (Ability Being Cast) Equal to Rain Of Arrows
    • o Actions
      • + Custom Script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • + Unit Group - Pick all units of type Archer within 500.00 of (Casting unit) and do (Actions)
        • # Loop - Actions
          • * Set TempPoint = Position of (Picked Unit
          • * Set TempPoint2 = TempPoint offset by (Random real number between 150.00 and 500.00) towards (Facing of (Picked Unit))
          • * Unit - Order (Picked Unit) to Attack Ground (Position of (Picked Unit) offset by (Random real number between 150.00 and 500.00) towards (Facing of (Picked Unit))
          • * Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • * Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)

You need to have a point variable called TempPoint and another called TempPoint2 (make sure the same letters capitalized, jass is case-sensitive)

It doesn't work the arrows never get's shot (the units never attack the ground or the caster) here is my trigger and it's almost as same as yours, i couldn't find how to do the first condition so i did as nearly as possible, and the spell i based of Flame Strike donnu if that is the problem

Trigger:
  • Rain of Arrows
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Arrow Storm
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 2000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Mortar Team)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by (Random real number between 150.00 and 500.00) towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack Ground ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by (Random real number between 150.00 and 500.00) towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)

sidove

Reaction score
Change the model art of starfall?

Ops sorry thought you was some other guy that don't stop asking :) Any way no it's a bad idea cause i want to see the arrow coming and that the arrows shoot depends on how many units there are in the group

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Just some simple ideas.

Use Fan of Knives with arrow model, high arc and slow movement rate.

[del]Or, if you don't mind general AOE, or stun, then you can use Cluster Rockets, with similar properties as mentioned above.[/del]

Not dealing physical damage though. But looks nice :).

sidove

Reaction score
Okey thank you hope it will be nice :)

Can anybody help me with the trigger or at least say what the polar projection is for the spell (yes i know what it is but don't know how to do it)?

sidove

Reaction score
Is there a way to reduce the lag when the dummy units removes from the game (it lags cause their are so many)?

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Unit - give unit a random number between 1 and 10 generic timed life.
This should reduce the lag when dummies are being removed.
They should diappear between 1 and 10 seconds, instead of all at once

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
You do know that's exactly what I suggested except it uses a dummy spell? What you could do is give the actual archers the ability instead of spawning dummies. To prevent them from abusing anything, I believe you can hide it in a disabled spellbook.

sidove

Reaction score
You do know that's exactly what I suggested except it uses a dummy spell? What you could do is give the actual archers the ability instead of spawning dummies. To prevent them from abusing anything, I believe you can hide it in a disabled spellbook.

No need but you get +rep for helping me anyways cheers :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.