Random Heros

ianu74

Reaction score
Sorry, but I've searched through the forums and tried triggers on my map, but they can't seem to work.

I followed the trigger for randoming in http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/herotavern.php

Trigger:
  • Random
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -random as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering player) is in Chosen) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set Random_Hero = (Random integer number between 1 and Random_Count)
      • Unit - Create 1 Hero[RandomData[Random_Hero]] for (Triggering player) at (Center of Hero Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Selection - Select (Last created unit)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Last created unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
      • Player Group - Add (Triggering player) to Chosen
      • Set RandomData[Random_Hero] = Random_Count
      • Set Random_Count = (Random_Count - 1)

Trigger:
  • Set up
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TotalHeros = 20
      • Set Random_Count = 20
      • Set Hero[1] = Paladin
      • Set Hero[2] = Water Elementalist
      • Set Hero[3] = Royal Guard
      • Set Hero[4] = Mage of the Last Order
      • Set Hero[5] = Sylvanas Windrunner
      • Set Hero[6] = Earth Titan
      • Set Hero[7] = Lighting Shaman
      • Set Hero[8] = Grom Hellscream (Possessed)
      • Set Hero[9] = Last Vampire
      • Set Hero[10] = Lucifer
      • Set Hero[11] = Magtheridon
      • Set Hero[12] = Dual Blade
      • Set Hero[13] = Avenger
      • Set Hero[14] = Hunter
      • Set Hero[15] = Furion
      • Set Hero[16] = Experimental Wolf
      • Set Hero[17] = Goblin Scientist
      • Set Hero[18] = Flame Master
      • Set Hero[19] = Snow Witch
      • Set Hero[20] = Raider
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 20, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set RandomData[(Integer A)] = (Integer A)

I followed the triggers but i get the same sequence, Avenger, Earth titan, Lighting shaman.... over and over again, and up to a certain number of times, the hero repeats.

I want to make a random system that only allows one type of the hero per game. Any idea on how i can do that?

kaboo

Reaction score
in the upper left corner of WE click on file -> preferences -> test map -> uncheck the box "use fixed random seed"

ianu74

Reaction score
Okay... now there's no sequence, but there may be more than 1 of the same hero type on the map. Any idea on how to solve that too?

kaboo

Reaction score
the random command you made creates same hero types or you can pick the same hero?

ianu74

Reaction score
It creates the same hero type. I want it to only create 1 and if there is already one of that type, it does not create that.

kaboo

Reaction score
i dont see any problem there, it should work as you want, the problem has to be somewhere else

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Hm, i don't see any problems but you could add an if/then/else action:

Trigger:
  • If - Unit-type of picked unit is in playable map area
    • Then - Set random_hero (Random_hero + 1)
      • - Run (this trigger)
    • Else - Unit - Create 1 Hero[RandomData[Random_Hero]] for (Triggering player) at (Center of Hero Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Free hand sorry, but something in those lines should prevent it x)

Rushhour

Reaction score
You know some Jass? -->
1.)Make a loop
2.)Set your random number first
3.)Check if there is already a unit of that type on the map
4.)exit the loop if there is none
5.)endloop
finally: call Create that unit

The guy above me did that, but he put the trigger itself in a loop and the exitwhen condition is a if-then-else, well, you can do it that way but I would prefer the other method. Just be sure you don't get an infinite loop^^

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You know some Jass? -->
1.)Make a loop
2.)Set your random number first
3.)Check if there is already a unit of that type on the map
4.)exit the loop if there is none
5.)endloop
finally: call Create that unit

The guy above me did that, but he put the trigger itself in a loop and the exitwhen condition is a if-then-else, well, you can do it that way but I would prefer the other method. Just be sure you don't get an infinite loop^^

You dont need to know JASS.
No offense, but you dont need to shove it into our GUI faces.

EDIT:Sorry, that wont work.

Rushhour

Reaction score
Yeah first I wanted to write it myself in jass, but then I decided that it's better for him to do it himself. Forgot to remove the "you know jass"^^
(Well, you don't have the "exitwhen" statement, so you either need to do many loops like 1-100 to be sure a random unit that doesn't exist was picked or
you have to add it in a CustomScript. And this would be "JASS" :D )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.