(Random unit from UnitGroup) won't work?

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Before we start, yes I know leaks and so on. This is just me messing about for the moment.

So I've got this trigger:
Trigger:
  • Holy Avenger Smite
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Holy Avenger (Avenger)
    • Actions
      • Set Avenger = (Triggering unit)
      • Set AvengerGroup = (Units within 450.00 of (Position of Avenger) matching (((Targeted unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to (==) True))
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to ((Level of Holy Avenger (Avenger) for (Triggering unit)) x 2), do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 Test Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of Avenger) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
            • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Add Dummy test (Dummy..?) to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Life Drain (Random unit from AvengerGroup)

Problem is that the dummies won't always cast their spell. They'll just stand there. And there is also the problem that it seems that the dummies are unwilling to target the same enemy twice (I want the spell to be more effective if used against 1-2 enemies rather than 10). Any ideas as to why they behave this way?

/Anderzzon

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
That shouldn't even work - you're using Targeted unit instead of Matching unit.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
technically it should work, it just checks the same condition and all of them are returning false lol, just a case of which unit is what, blizzard should have described them more when they gave examples, like the substring description: Sub String(2, 4, "Grunt") = "run"

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Managed to fix it. Can't post the trigger though since I am not working with WE atm.

Thanks!

/Anderzzon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.