Ray's question thread

rayquaza218

Reaction score
1. How do i make WEU made terrain appear as normal ingame, cliffs are screwed up, wrong colour, i am clueless why.

2. Is there a way to raise max "player units" cuz its irritating to have a max number. If not, is there a way to change all units owned by player grey to nuetral hostile. Its a creep problem...

*Im using WEU does it help? Help will be appreciated! :D

Reaction score
1. I think you might be using an "ultra advanced tileset", which means that you have more than 2 of those tiles that can be used as cliffs, if I remember right it says that you can't see it right in normal WE if you do it.
2. Max units? I don't think so. Upkeep unit limit? Yes, in the gameplay constants.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Both wrong answers, srry not what im looking for, the first one, i am only using two cliffs, altjough i have more tilesets, i stuck to the rules and used two cliffs.

Next. try putting 1100 units in worldeditor for player red. the thing starts exploding and a message says " player unit maximum reached. Or crap like that. :banghead:

+rep for succesful advice :D

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
If it says the maximum has been reached, then that means the maximum has been reached. I am not sure that you can break the unit limit but try running the No-Limits thing that follows with WEU. Also about the Cliff stuff, you cannot mess with the cliffs for multiplayer maps, it fucks up (if I remember correctly).

rayquaza218

Reaction score
I didn't mess with the cliffs, so now my map is so near completion, i test it, and the cliffs fuck up???? I only used 2 cliffs, ever, i repeat. So how do i fix it or something

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
its not just having 2 cliffs, its having 2 cliff types, generally theres always dirt/and the trump card, if you used 2 dirt, or 2 special cliffs, they will be stacking eachother

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
ANY MAP saved in world editor unlimited (weu) is bassically protected. when you go an open it up in normal world editor you get a fatal error message and it crashes.

how are the cliffs "fucking up"? do they just not appear?

2) supposedly there is but i think its all rubbish. just live with the limits

p.s. limits are put there for a reason (if they werent just put there coz they were just bored and wanted to put more in there editor then they would make it adjustable). the unit limit is problably placed there for less lag.... =/

WastedSavior

Reaction score
you can run triggers in game that'll spawn units when they are needed, or you can simply cut the unit count down by making units stronger and placing fewer of them

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Guyz, i can change all units to nuetral hostile, they don't have a limit, i think... And about the question regarding the cliffs, i don't stack cliffs, its hyper gay. Im even using the default cliffs!! Dirt and grass, in game in becomes snow and the other thing from icecrown, why is this so? :banghead:

WastedSavior

Reaction score
you know it'd be easier if you just let us take a look, take a screen shot of whats wrong, or even post up the map if your comfortable with it

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
never heard of anything like that b4 but im thinking........... :cool:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
>>1. How do i make WEU made terrain appear as normal ingame, cliffs are screwed up, wrong colour, i am clueless why.

I don't believe you can have 2 cliffs of any type near eachother, even in the regular world editor. If you do, it will make all kinds of really ugly boxes (the color of one of the terrain types), and it will make some of the surrounding terrain change to the same type of cliff, and the other cliff will make the surrounding terrain it's own type, and make it really ugly. I suggest you just don't put the same type of cliff near eachother, or just use the raise and lower tool to imitate cliffs, and then add pathing blockers.

2. Is there a way to raise max "player units" cuz its irritating to have a max number. If not, is there a way to change all units owned by player grey to nuetral hostile. Its a creep problem...

I'm guessing this is with the preplaced units? Try the NoLimits tool at www.wc3sear.ch. It should also be under the options in WEU (Since it comes as part of the package).

ANY MAP saved in world editor unlimited (weu) is bassically protected. when you go an open it up in normal world editor you get a fatal error message and it crashes.

Not true. This only happens if you enable advanced triggers, and other advanced things. Adding tilesets, increasing cliff heights to enormously high levels, adding a Loading Screen/Minimap Preview (Using the helpful tool it has that i've heard about), and things like this will not cause it to be protected from the regular World Editor.

The only time the regular World Editor crashes when you open a WEU map is when you have enabled the advanced stuff, that is only readable by the WEU.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Supposed to be city thing

Waterfall, its supposed to be dirt.

I really need help cuz my map's terrain is all done and now this happens? :(

P

Pawnable

I think it applies to the terrain type set you use. If you use another cliff pather, it might show up because WEU can only load so much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.