Real ID

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Don't know if that's already posted somewhere, but there's some details out there on what exactly this Real ID thing is.
Or so...

Don't know either if we actually needed that one.

Anyway, basically means cross-game, cross-faction, cross-realm "talk".
Or, as they put it, "we're going social".

- Overview
http://us.battle.net/realid/?rhtml=y&rhtml=y

- FAQ
http://us.battle.net/realid/faq.html

Do you actually want your game buddies to have your personal contact info, data and other details?
I'm not entirely convinced here.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I only use it for real life friend(s) that I play SC2 with so it's not really a worry.

It would be a cool feature to have for everyone though... (As far as seeing if they're in a game and what game etc)

But it seems it really only reveals your first and last name, not such a big deal.

What information about me will other players see when I use Real ID?
If you are using Real ID, your mutual Real ID friends, as well as their Real ID friends, will be able to see your first and last name (the name registered to the Battle.net account). You will also be able to see the first and last name of your Real ID friends and their Real ID friends. Your Battle.net account name (your email address) is not displayed to other players through the Real ID friends list. In addition, players with Real ID relationships will be able to view each other's online status, Rich Presence information, and Broadcast messages, and will be able to see which character and game their Real ID friends are playing across supported Blizzard games.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
also reveals your e-mail

and they are apparently integrating it with facebook, so possibly your FB as well

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
actually, even if they don't integrate with facebook, if you know a person's full name + email, you can find them on FB

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I going to assume that blizzard is going to allow for privacy options.

A lot of people don't want other people seeing their e-mail, and blizzard isn't stupid.

punwisp

Reaction score
People can use the same names too, just diff IDs

I saw 3 guys with names of random, but they didnt know eachother, 2 in the same random match, oppisite teams.

So someone could go

Darkmanz.wip
Darkmanz.shot
Darkmanz.minez

And so on.

The ID tells you its the same person, so you cant make a bunch of accounts trying to be someone else or a ghost, the ID will give it away.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.