Really quick spell help

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Okay, I made a kind of blizzard-like spell. I just need to know how you add a Slow effect to that, so that every enemy that is hit by it has its speed decreased (20%,30%,40%,45%,50%)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
ok, make a spell, slow, give it 0 CD, 0 mana cost, make there like 5 ranks, each with the slowing you want, then create a new unit, base it on peasant, give it no model, give it the ability slow, and your locust, and get rid of the shadow, after that do this,
Trigger:
  • Cast a Spell
    • Events
    • A Unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Ability Being Cast == to (Your Spell Here)
    • Actions
    • Unit Create 1 Slow_Dummy at position of (triggering unit)
    • order (last created unit) to (Your base spell ID) target unit of ability being cast
    • remove last created unit

I know this leaks a lot, but I can give you an unleaky version if you want

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Ah, the dummy system, right, never actually tried to use it before..leakless system would help, thanks. It's a pretty big map and I don't want to have any excess memory or space.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Don't know what you mean but I realised there may be a problem with your script. The spell is based off of BLIZARD, therefore it can hit more then one enemy at once. This may glitch the dummy system, won't it?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
well, ill make it configurable then, you can change what units are effected by the AOE you have on the spell, but is more than one unit gonna be casting it at once?

Rakaesa

Reaction score
You mean more then one unit casting the spell at once? No, only one hero will have it. It's an arena type map, and once the hero is chosen nobody else can take it. But what I mean with what I said above is the dummy won't be able to target more then one unit at once, if the spell hits more then one unit at the same time.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd say let some dummy unit just cast an AoE slow ability at the targeted point of the ability being cast.

for example, when blizzard is cast create a dummy at the target point and order it to use thunder clap. of course, thunder clap might not be the best solution since it will only effect the units at the beginning of the spellcasting progress. best would be to use a damage detection system together with a dummy ability and the slow ability.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
or he could have the dummy unit continuously cast it, like every 2 seconds or 1 second or so

yeah and to what units? would need to much work for saving the position of the cast and periodically creating unit groups. with a damage detection it would be of better performance and damage detection systems are among others the most used systems anyways. almost everybody needs a damage detection system now or then and i believe the author will someday need it for something else as well.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
I may end up removing the spell if things are this complicated, Damage Detection system i'm not familiar with, and as I said this is the first time i actually made my own dummy spell.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Why wouldn't a dummy with Tornado Slow Aura work? Could you get Blizzard to damage in large intervals of small damage so it'd be virtually undetectable?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
that would be an option of course. but you would need to remove the dummy when the spell ends and therefor you would need to keep track of the channeling hero. (if the spell is channeling)

still a good possibility.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.