[Recruiting]People for an new RPG project!

I

iSoul

Okey, when i woke up today, i had this stupid idea - making a RPG from the game : Maple Story. (Yeah i know this game sucks but in my idea, it could look better in Warcraft 3.)

NOTE : This wont be like the regular Maple Story, but as close as possible.

NOTE : The beta has not released, it will be released when all four first jobs and beginner is finished.
Story :
A Long time ago, a forgotten time, it was peacefull, but the fearsome Zakum wake up in a earthquake. The Fearsome Zakum got united with the other monsters and now its time for the humans to reunite the alliance, and recruit new heroes to save the world of Maple Story.

What will i do?
Triggers and the heroes, spells, items and units and terraining.

What positions are avible?
(Positions with a X is taken already)
Triggerer (Just some that i don't know how to make.) [X] Drunken_God
Terrainer (Since my work is not that good) [X] Thewrongwine
Spells (Just some special ones, i can trigger spells)
Modeler/Skin (Some units that i cant find a modell for, and i give credits of course.)
Loading Screen (Since i don't got the right talent for this) [X] Pineapple, FireEffect
Icons (For the icons that i can't find, and i give credits of course.) [X] FireEffect
Etc (For the ones that do a little of everything xD) [X] Rover2341
Finished Work :
Maple Island [|||||||]
Victoria Island [|||||||]
Spells [|||||||]
Units [|||||||]
Towns [|||||||]
NPC [|||||||]
Jobs [|||||||]
Triggers [|||||||

Pictures :
Here is the pictures of Maple Island (The towns are not fully completed yet) :
Close to it.

Up into the skyes.
List of things to do (For people on list or helpfull people :) And i give credits of course)
Icons :
Fire Explotion and Poison Explotion
Lightning Strike
Dark Sight
You can see the icons for the spells on hidden-street.net aswell.

Models/Skins :
(See Hidden-Street.net for the picture of the Unit)
Slime, Pig, Undead Mushroom, Horned Mushroom and Jr. Balrog

Triggers :
Party System.
Save/Load.
Name Above Head.
Advancement Quest System.

Terrain :
Start on Victoria Island, im working on Lith Harbord.

TurboJyri

Reaction score
Projects like this will never get done, and especially when the actual creator is doing nothing else than grouping people to make map for him...

I

iSoul

As i said, i will do a little of everything, and i will do some terrain, i will do some triggers, Object Editor, Icons, and etc. Its the creators job if he gets people to help him, to guide them.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
things like this will never get done because peopel assume the creator will do nothing and are just getting people to make it for them.

It won't get done becuase you need a modeller.

It won't get done becuase it just wont :\

-------

I could make a loading screen when.if you get there.

But im a busy fruit, so when you are at least 50% done PM me and I can get to work on it.

I

iSoul

I needed the modeller for some models only, and i tried myself, and i didnt do it well, so that is why i needed one. And i need a terrainer becouse my work is bad, im working on some, but it takes much more time then a good one. Im active at this forum, and im not out for people making the map for ME. This map is going to be released when its finished, and its not a week, then its to boring to make the map. I played MapleStory once, and i tought it was funny, but to hard to level and its simply very boring after some hours, so i tought that i shold make a warcraft 3 map. Simply becouse warcraft 3 = fun. Now execuse me im going to contineue on my map :) And if you people got something bad to tell about ME, then keep it for yourself, this topic is made for making a RPG based on Maple Story.

"Projects like this will never get done, and especially when the actual creator is doing nothing else than grouping people to make map for him..."
Did i ever mention that i will do work on it aswell?

~iSoul~

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
pretty sure there's already a maple story RPG, just so ya know. I've seen it a couple times on the battle.net list
Anyways, good luck

I

iSoul

Yeah i saw it just now. I will try it later and see how that is.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
The already excisting Maple Story RPG must be one of the worst maps ever to be hosted on Bnet. It's not balanced, it's not well-made, it has gotten the worst "anti-pvp-system" ever and it's just plain crap. Good luck with this one and be sure to make it better than the one mentioned before.

I

iSoul

Now i've checked it out, and it looked VERY bad, the terrain were all flat and square. My project is not like that, its more like a 3D one. You start on a island (Maple Island) and you walk trought a little forrest and you get to South Perry and there you can get on the ship trought a Power Circle. When you are in victoria island, you start in Lith Harbord, you cant get back as in real maple story. Then you can process into Victoria, to Kerning City, Perion, Ellinia, Henesys and the dungeon. (I need one more modeller for snails and other units. Please sign up and lets get it started in here! Im almost finished with Maple Island, its a very little island tought its good enough, since i need more space for Victoria.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
A little of everything

What did I say, everyone who "plans to direct a map" says the same exact thing. 1st of all, MS should stay as its 2-D format, unless you can really make a great job of this. 2nd of all, like others said, it most likeley will phail because the maker needs to be really make something. People will think that you are just making an idea together, telling others to do it, and then take the credit (or at least a bigger share than the others). Show us what you can do.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Ill take care of all your texturing needs, if you cant find a model for something i can make a skin instead, if possible. I can do loading screens, icons, minimaps, anything that is 2D, i can also balance heroes, skills, im a good item maker...so yeah, sign me up for what ever you need, except triggers, i suck at triggers.

I

iSoul

Update :
Maple Island complete
Monsters Added : Snail, Blue Snail, Red Snail and Shroom.
Items added : Snail Shell and Shroom Spore

Need help with now :
A trigger to check if the hero is in, like in Henesys Area, then the hero respawns in henesys instead of like maple island.

Added you to the list FireEffect, will PM you when i need an icon or something
Going to upload pictures tomorrow after school

I

iSoul

Sorry for Dubble Post.
Here is the pictures of Maple Island (The towns are not fully completed yet) :
Close to it.

Up into the skyes.

Update :
Added Spells for Beginner, Nimble Feet and Three Snails.

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
well not too great terrain i would say (especially for an RPG), a few suggestion concerning the terrain from me:

1. scale the trees a bit larger
2. add scrubs/bushes/gras/.... to make it seem more realistic
3. play a litle with the low rise tool to create some small hills
4. add some swallow water at the beach
5. lower the stones a little into the ground with ctrl + page down
6. the 3 houses look a bit strange i would also lower them a bit and
since you said youre still working on that add a lot more doodads

well tried to give some positive critics
dont be mad at me :)

I

iSoul

Thank you for the critics, it can help with the making of it.
And as i said, im not a good terrainer, but i try :) That is why i need help with it

I

iSoul

Btw, Maple Island i where you start right? as a beginner? It's kinda' small...
Yes, and im making it bigger. I've signed you up for terrain, thank you. And im going to check out the tutorial that you sent.

I

iSoul

Sorry for beeing inactive at this, its becouse i just were on a camp, and im realy tired right now. After i've slept out ill contineue.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
How could I have missed this!
Maple story.
Wow.
Hope this makes it a lot better than the ones I have tried previously.

I don't like the trees thus far, and the island seems very small.

Else, good luck!

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
i could help you triggering (GUI) but i dont know what Maple story is...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.