[Release] Project Hosting

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Gamerz-Forum Project Hosting
Provided as of 5/10/08​

We are now offering project hosting of any project related to gaming as long as they meet requirements. These will be explained later on. Project hosting includes many features and gives you a wide control of your project publicity and development. We provide you with discussion forums, web storage, support ticketing, and most of all publicity! We wish to provide game modders with an area where they can publish their creations and work to show others while at the same time having top of the line support and reporting of bugs. With our top of the line project manager features all this is possible.

Full Feature List;

• Discussion Forums
• Private sub-domain for easy access of project
• Project Manager
• Extensive searching capabilities with sorting and grouping options
• Ability to save search parameters to generate reports
• Ability to subscribe to issues to track their progress and receive notification of updates
• Issue lists can be viewed both in a sort able tabular form, or in a timeline style
• Issue status, priority, assigned users etc. can be changed instantly using AJAX technology without visiting an edit page.
• Issues can be voted upon - useful for gauging interest in a feature or the number of people affected by a bug
• Issues can be both categorized and tagged to aid in searching and sorting
• Issues can have files attached
• Subscription for members of your project​

001.PNG

002.PNG

003.PNG

To sign up please visit; <link removed>

Also Ban-Lord who is a member of TheHelper.net has a project hosted with us so please feel free to ask him any questions on what he thinks of the project hosting!

X

xtxChaosxtx

Well, if it allows the hosting of Warcraft III maps then I'll consider it related.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Oh, I might have not be specific. I posted here mainly to allow people to host their Warcraft 3 projects. Sorry for not being clear.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I think considering it relates to the publicity of WC3 projects it cant really hurt much on thehelper... Considering the offers put forth regarding publicity and what not I would have to say its quite the useful tool for mapmakers... and isnt that what the helper is about? Helping map makers? I would say this succeeds at such a feat...

Oninuva

Reaction score
Correct, we are striving to provide mappers and project developers with a place to post their things need for projects such as feedbacks, bugs, timelines, news, etc.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Is that not the purpose of the World Editor Help, Members Projcets, Jass Help, and the TH Hosted Projects?

Oninuva

Reaction score
No thats for giving information, asking for mapping assistance, and requests.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well, I'm using the Hosted Projects service on Oninuva's website. Its pretty nice, you get access to options you don't normally get, like a constantly up website, and access to a forum just for your map. Which gives your map a lot more publicity than having people search for it with a search function. Theres also a really neat feature where you can keep track of bugs and people can report bugs and comment on features you may plan on implementing. I consider it a good offer. I wouldn't flame something you have really tried at all guys.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Please, let the admins decide.

That site has two opinions:

1. Me:

I think it's not a good idea. Projects, such as making maps, are small. They are not big enough to make a whole new change in mapmaking. Unless things like mods, small applications, etc. are in development, those kinds are suited for your site.

2. Neutral

It's a good way of getting people to use the site while taking time making it.
But it isn't a good way to say so here.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Please, let the admins decide.

That site has two opinions:

1. Me:

I think it's not a good idea. Projects, such as making maps, are small. They are not big enough to make a whole new change in mapmaking. Unless things like mods, small applications, etc. are in development, those kinds are suited for your site.

2. Neutral

It's a good way of getting people to use the site while taking time making it.
But it isn't a good way to say so here.

There are quite a few large maps that often fall apart because of lack of updates or fixing of bugs, feedback, etc. Where else to provide people with this but one of the major warcraft 3 mapping communities?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's free hosting! You can't get that anywhere. Either (ask to) take it, or leave it.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Don't be flaming him because he is trying to get people to use his service, I don't know how many times people have made a "Come join my forum" threads and no one never flamed them. I have my project hosted on his site, it seems to have great features like adding sections for Bugs, Features, and Tasks.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Erased all the flames. This is obviously accepted because it would have been deleted or closed if it wasn't, by now.

So stop the flaming, thanks. :thup:

Oninuva

Reaction score
Erased all the flames. This is obviously accepted because it would have been deleted or closed if it wasn't, by now.

So stop the flaming, thanks. :thup:

Thanks for cleaning up ;)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Oninuva, we have a very strict policy about hacks and bots for Blizzard games which your site happens to link to and host.
The policy goes: "No, no way, no how".

So, sorry to say, but either your site has to get rid of support for those or you aren't allowed to link to it around here.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Okay, I'll remove access of those for people coming from this link. Update soon.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I'll remove access of those for people coming from this link
That's not what I had in mind. You would still gain the reputation of a site for Blizzard hacks and that's still not OK.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I mean't I will put the information on a different site.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.