Remove burning sound

Eimtr

Reaction score
One last question with this editor before I move completely to SC2 editor and game.

I havea unit on the map mechanical and it is low life. Because it is low life I hear that annoying ambient sound of burning wood that buildings and similar have (like flying machine also has at low hp). I want to remove that one, pissing me off.

DioD

Reaction score
its actually buff shared with every mechanical unit.

if you make unit organic it will not burn.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Create or download a short silent .wav file. Find the offending burning sound in the Sound Editor window, right click on it and replace with your silent .wav.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
what DioD said might work.

this sound comes from an ability called "Burning (Human)" which is an invisible ability which cannot be selected in the ability list.
Using WEU (an outdated programme) or maybe, i cannot tell for sure, jngp you can find the ability and look up its raw code ID.
using this ID you can remove the ability from the unit via a trigger. removing the burning ability has no effect other then that there will be no flames nor a sound played when your unit is damaged. works for buildings as well.
keep in mind every race got a different ability because the fire on the structures looks different for every race.

DioD

Reaction score
its possible to manually edit some files and allow this skill in editor (MPQ for skills have line - show in editor).

JNGP with UMS enabled have this by default.

also this ability have fields to edit, you can disable flames for every unit, not tested, but fields are present.

Eimtr

Reaction score
Well, there is a reason why the unit is mechanical I dont want to make it organic just because of that...

I like the idea of using jass

JASS:
function Trig_Mechanical_Unit_No_Fire_Sound_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'ACdm', gg_unit_n00M_0008 )
    call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'ACdm', gg_unit_n00M_0009 )
    call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'ACdm', gg_unit_n00H_0007 )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Mechanical_Unit_No_Fire_Sound takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Mechanical_Unit_No_Fire_Sound = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Mechanical_Unit_No_Fire_Sound, function Trig_Mechanical_Unit_No_Fire_Sound_Actions )
endfunction

But as I said im stopping War3 completely after this so I dont wanna install WEU or JNPG just for this so if anyone can tell me the code of that ability to insert it in the above next, that'd be great, so that I can remove it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.