Remove Magic Immunity from Magic Defense

XeRo13g

Reaction score
I can't believe how much time I've wasted over this already...:(

As the title suggests, I wish to remove the magic immunity from the Magic Defense ability when it's activated and use it as a dummy ability. My first thought was that the ability works much like defend but as it seems, I was wrong. So far, I've tried:

-Change the stats of the ability in every possible combination.
-Change game constants to make magic immune units take damage.
-Remove Unit classification UNIT_TYPE_MAGIC_IMMUNE.
-Remove spell immunity ability from the unit.

Every thread that I've read, suggests that if the ability fields are set to 0, the ability becomes a dummy ability but I can't seem to make this work. I'm using the ability as a unit ability with only 1 level and give it to a hero via trigger. Whenever it's activated, the unit instantly becomes un-targetable by any spell.

Is there any way around this? What am I doing wrong?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Why not just use Defend? Anyway, it still depends on what effects you want on it as a dummy ability.

XeRo13g

Reaction score
Why not just use Defend? Anyway, it still depends on what effects you want on it as a dummy ability.

-Unfortunately, I cannot use Defend. Whatever ability I use in this case, won't be able to -ever- be used again by any hero.

-I don't see how the effects of the dummy ability make any difference but I guess, you mean to ask what this is needed for. If that is the case...

I just want an ability with 2 icons that has no casting delay whatsoever.
A. Using a 2 channeling abilities and add/remove them in turn, will always have an annoying delay while casting.
B. Trying to remove the ability when the unit begins casting the ability, will bug the unit.
C. Using 2 different abilities is very inconvenient for the same reasons I can't use defend. Too bad WC3 doesn't have infinite useful abilities.
D. Using 2 different abilities based on Magic defense will still not do the trick, since catching an order with an event doesn't allow the unit to take another immediate order(at least I haven't managed it without some sort of delay). Even if this was possible, the unit still becomes immune to magic for a brief moment, causing all buffs to be removed...So, useless.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Immolation? Divine Shield? Most of the unit-type change abilities can be deactivated, and I don't think it bugs if you make both unit-types the same. Mana Flare and Mana Shield can be used as well, but Mana Flare requires channeling so I don't think it's useful in this scenario.

Open up Gameplay Constants. There's a whole list of abilities that can be deactivated, so long as you set that field to true.

XeRo13g

Reaction score
I've already tried every ability that I was willing to 'sacrifice'. Every one of them cause some kind of an annoying effect. Divine shield-can't get rid of invulnerability, mana shield gives a buff to the unit and also has a delay if I remember correctly, bladestorm cannot be deactivated even if you change it at Gameplay Constants etc etc etc etc

All these deviate from the OP. I just wanted to know if Magic Defense can be used as a dummy ability, as various threads suggest.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
there is a way to deactivate bladestorm... iv seen it done using the base ability, not sure how but i know its possible

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.