Reputation Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
This didn't seem to be covered in any of the stickies in this forum.

How is your reputation calculated? I have 17 +reps, but 31 reputation points.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
see those little green squares in the corner? That determines how much rep you got from the person. For example, if I +repped you, you'd get 2 more rep, because I have 2 little green squares.

Curo

Reaction score
see those little green squares in the corner? That determines how much rep you got from the person. For example, if I +repped you, you'd get 2 more rep, because I have 2 little green squares.

Ah, so the more rep you have, the more rep I get. Time to suck up to the popular people :p I want that custom title :)

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Ah, so the more rep you have, the more rep I get. Time to suck up to the popular people :p I want that custom title :)

You get a custom title at 100 points. And yes, custom titles are the bestest thing ever! After all, custom titles=great aphrodisiac

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Rep given by any non-Admin = 1 + (Person's rep / 100) [Rounded down]

Unless, of course, that person's rep is negative, in which case, they give nothing....

Admins always give and take 10.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score

Not a good way to get rep, try earning it by actually helping people, that was originally the whole point of making custom titles rewards for helpful users =P.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
This rep system is also similar to other sites like The Hive Workshop or Wc3c.

OFFTOPIC: I really like to help people especially in World Editor Help Zone the only problem is I'm always a minute behind from other helpers and they reply earlier, but can request threads (you know, people request something from you and you give them what they need) do?

I'll be giving out a Weaponless Models Request Thread soon and it's unlike any ordinary thread, people can tell me which specific weapons to be removed, and also shield removal and suggested attachment models. That way people can +rep me whenever they need the model.

I've seen some spell request threads lately in World Editor Help zone and the thread creators received a guaranteed +rep from every user.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
This rep system is also similar to other sites like The Hive Workshop or Wc3c.

OFFTOPIC: I really like to help people especially in World Editor Help Zone the only problem is I'm always a minute behind from other helpers and they reply earlier, but can request threads (you know, people request something from you and you give them what they need) do?

I'll be giving out a Weaponless Models Request Thread soon and it's unlike any ordinary thread, people can tell me which specific weapons to be removed, and also shield removal and suggested attachment models. That way people can +rep me whenever they need the model.

I've seen some spell request threads lately in World Editor Help zone and the thread creators received a guaranteed +rep from every user.

Well, the other request threads haven't been closed (I think), so I don't see why there shouldn't be a major problem. I suppose that's for a mod to decide :rolleyes:

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
Reputation's not that important but its rep. Rep is always rep. Its how other users like you or so.. If they hate you or what you posted or what a bad user you are. -rep.

+rep points:

-- A good tutorial which really helped.
-- Being a good helper.
-- A good poster
-- A good art-maker.
-- Being hilarious.

-rep points

--Spammage
--Flame
-- Hmmm.. I'm thinking. :p

Curo

Reaction score
Not a good way to get rep, try earning it by actually helping people, that was originally the whole point of making custom titles rewards for helpful users =P.

It's called sarcasm, lol. I help people all the time :)

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
You forgot one. I'd say "the -repper is an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about and doesn't have a good reason." Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Agreed.

Also keep in mind, if you give someone -rep.. Odds are they are going to give it back. :thup:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I personally dislike any repute threads what-so-ever but I have to mention,
it's not the amount of repute which was given, it's the little message behind it.

Nothing beats a "Thank you for an excellent tutorial" repute.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I personally dislike any repute threads what-so-ever but I have to mention,
it's not the amount of repute which was given, it's the little message behind it.

Nothing beats a "Thank you for an excellent tutorial" repute.

what about a "Thank you for an epic1337hax0r tutoral"? Or a "I can't believe its not butter! Awesome tutorial!"?

Curo

Reaction score
Also keep in mind, if you give someone -rep.. Odds are they are going to give it back. :thup:

Ya that's what scares me. I've seen lots of jerks that I'd just love to -rep cause I know they deserve it, but jerks will be jerks and -rep back just cause they're sore failures.

I think the creator of a thread should get rep when that thread becomes popular; like one rep for every extra page that is formed. That shows that a good thread starter is able to instigate a good conversation or topic amongst forum-goers.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> That shows that a good thread starter is able to instigate a good conversation or topic amongst forum-goers.

Must... resist... banning....

"Good" conversation?
Multiple pages? Its already spam.

Why reward someone for making it worse? :p

Curo

Reaction score
I just mean that if a thread gets to several pages long, there was probably some sort of decent discussion. Perhaps it's not the best thing for a helper forum, but it is a system I've seen in the past.

If someone spams up to multiple pages on a thread, they'd get a warning/ban, etc regardless. Or so I hope :p

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Agreed.

Well, odds are also that they will not affect you, as they already have negative rep :p (that, of course, if you -repped someone with a strong reason... usually those guys get -rep from more users).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.