Status
Not open for further replies.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Any questions, comments, or suggestions about Reputation - post in this thread. Thanks.

If you want to know how this forum uses Reputation go here

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/reputation

If you have a problem with someone giving you negative rep it is OK to complain about it but please do not get crazy about it - even I get crazy negative rep every once in a while. If you are really helpful that -1 negative rep is not going to hurt ya.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
How about allowing users to view other user's reputation?

Also, how about making user's have a limit of how much text they can put on a reputation, so instead of them leaving it blank make them put a small comment there.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Also, how much reputation do you need before the next bar? 65 is obviously not enough.

Hmmmm, it seems all the moderators have full reputation.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
In addition to the standard reputation that forum members use - Staff forum administrators have the ability to change reputation level. This ability has been noticed on the Staff reputation adjustment. From time to time forum administrators might adjust users reputation level to reflect experience and/or helpful interaction levels in the forums.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Meh, sorry for all the questions hehe. How long does it take (or how much reputation do you have to spread) before giving it to the same member again. I gave you a reputation point when it was first turned on, and it still won't let me add to this day.

Off-topic but, are you thinking about adding any other features such as titles, signatures, etc.?(Using those as an example, only thing I can think of)

Also, the reputation titles are a little odd too. I saw you changed three bars from "$User RESPECT" to "$User's Respect is coming very quickly". I like the RESPECT one better haha. ;)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I adjusted the reputation titles somewhat plus added more levels. I think the RESPECT one is the next level above where you are at. Now if I can just find where the setting where I can adjust at what level users can give reputation and at what levels users reputation they can give increase...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
What the hell, Ryoko's reputation dropped from full reputation to full negative reputation. What's up?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
good question!

Attachments

• ryoko no rep.jpg
    ryoko no rep.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 570

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
lol - I have no idea why it was like that but its not like that anymore. Maybe SD was playing with the settings or something. I don't know. It is fixed now.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
LOL - It went down again. I think he's doing that, to go along with his "Banned User" location, because it sais on his reputation: "SD_Ryoko only god has spared you from being banned".

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Are you changing the reputation system some more? Because I randomly got 56 reputation points, and they aren't listed where they should be. Just curious.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
You know, it'd be really funny if he set it too low or something and the system banned him.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
He explained it to me not to long ago, but here's the story. :D

Ryoko used to play Trade Wars 2002, and was a pirate, stealing and betraying tons of people - a real bad guy.

Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo was a spae pirate also, who was a serious bad guy in the beginning of the series.

So, the way I see it and the way he explained it, negative reputation is good reputation on his account. :D

He lost 3 bars of negative rep from people, so I give him negative reputation now since it's supposed to be good rep or whatever. >.> <.<
---

Anyways, I give out 10 good reputation, and -5 bad reputation now, which is sweet. :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
ROFL, so if someone wanted to piss him off, we'd give him positive rep?

Heh, wouldn't that be interesting? :p Him getting upset because people liked him. Lol!

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my 5th bar, but it's not coming. :(

Still need 56 reputation *Sniff sniff*.

Anywho, you need to cut do3wn the limit of reputation length, it's huge. I jsut gave 5 long sentences of reputation to Broken and TH.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The actual bars of rep are set by the forum. One bar per 100 rep points and cannot be changed without modifying the source of the forum software.

L

lordloki

I could be mistaken but at present I have 1 bar and only 77 rep.. so could it be per 50 and bright green per 100?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, you get your first green bar at 1 point of reputation then 1 more per 100 rep points. When you hit 100 you will get 2 bars and so on.

Also - you only have 57 rep - do you mind me asking why you thought you had 77?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.