[Request] Auction System

Aeroblyctos

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

Yes, I know that I haven't posted that much(yet) and have no "rep" at all. I hope that doesn't reduce the chance that this request will be done. I actually had half year ago a thread in here about the project I was making, but I forgot whole thing, because I'm more active in www.hiveworkshop.com and in my own project website www.TCOcampaign.com. However I do hope that this doesn't reduce the chances of getting support for this request.

About the project I'm making. The project I'm making is called: "The Chosen Ones". I have been making it over a year and released over 20 alpha versions from it and I'm still going strong. I'll never give up. The campaign currently have over 200 cinematics, over 100 spells, over 20 boss battles, etc, etc. So this is a huge campaign.

About the request. Because the campaign have over 500 items, I need a system for chapter 7(the campaign have 11 chapters). This system is called: "Auction System". I would like you to make an "Auction System" for the campaign.

So what is actually "Auction"?
Source: Wikipedia said:
An auction is a process of buying and selling goods or services by offering them up for bid, taking bids, and then selling the item to the winning bidder. In economic theory, an auction may refer to any mechanism or set of trading rules for exchange.

There are several variations on the basic auction form, including time limits, minimum or maximum limits on bid prices, and special rules for determining the winning bidder(s) and sale price(s). Participants in an auction may or may not know the identities or actions of other participants. Depending on the auction, bidders may participate in person or remotely through a variety of means, including telephone and the internet. The seller usually pays a commission to the auctioneer or auction company based on a percentage of the final sale price.

Here are some information about this "Auction System":
  • The project I'm making is a campaign. This means, bidding is a battle between the player and NPC(computer). This is a great challenge, because you have to make some kind of AI.
  • The campaign is made mostly by basic GUI and I don't understand JASS. You can't do this system with vJASS(campaigns bugs). So, make it with GUI or JASS(if JASS, you have to tell me more how the system works).
  • I want you to make a test map, where we can test this system. I have some great testers that will help us to test this system.
  • The system should be easily edited and install to the campaign.
  • I'm not sure how the "texts" should be done. Perhaps flying text?
  • The system have to be leakless.
  • The system should not be "spammy". I mean, when a broker yells "Next Item is X" all NPCs won't just say "YEAAH I WILL PAY THAT ITEM FOR 666 GOLD!!! IT WILL BE GREAT FOR MY SUPER COLLECTION!!!".
  • The auction system should be somewhat fast(watch that youtube video).
  • I think 5 is a good amount of bidders(NPCs).
  • The other bidders are interested in specific items. For example, bidder A is interested with potion type items, he pays more gold than others from potions.
  • To make this system more accurate, I will tell here five different categories of items that can be sold in the shop: 1) Potions, 2) Armours/Shields, 3) Weapons, 4) Rings/Jewels/Diamonds, 5) Spells and Artifacts.
  • There should be however, somewhat random(it would be stupid if every time bidders stop in specific point). Example if the gold goes over 2500 a bidder maybe not or maybe yes can go little over it.
  • Only 1 item of type can be bought. If computer buys an item, this item will be able to buy later(put it to end of the line for example). If player buys it, the item will be removed from the list(and cannot be bought again).
  • There should be for example variables where I can easily change what is items' maximum and minimum gold buy from different NPCs(and everything else that can be changed should be done easily).
  • There will be first about 20 items, later will be more items(campaign currently have over 400 items).
  • More items should be easy to put to the system.
  • If player for example(or there can be other ways to bid, it's up to you) write "-bid 500", he bids 500 gold for the next item.
  • The system actually can run all the time.
  • However, player's hero have to be near of this auction hall to bid(it would be stupid to bid items when you are for example middle of a boss fight :D).
  • Finally, here's an excellent example of aa Auction Hall. This video is from Final Fantasy 9. I hope the system can be somewhat same as the video. I really like this kind of auction system, it's fast and easy. [Starts from 30 second to 120 second!]

[YOUTUBE]thW7d1y4Rl0[/YOUTUBE]
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thW7d1y4Rl0)

Please ask from me anything about the system, or the project itself I'm making. I'm a positive guy, and I'm ready to answer anything. And, as you can see, my english is not the best and I'm a bit bad explaining new stuff, so ask me anything! The easiest way to contact me is to put me to your MSN list or just send an email. My email is [email protected]. I will of course watch this thread daily to see if someone is brave enough to take this great challenge.

I will improve the first post, if something is asked. Making this system may take few weeks, but hey, I'm ready to wait. And no hurry.

If you can do this, I will give you some REP in here, and great credits at the campaign. I will put your name to epilogue and perhaps to prologue(depending if the system is awesome!). I really hope you can do this. It will be a huge boost for the campaign and for other projects that may use this system also. Thank you beforehand.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a note that this forum is for graphic requests only.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
thread_moved_new.gif
Moved to World Editor Help

Aeroblyctos

Reaction score
Ohh, I didn't notice I was posting to wrong forum. :D

Well, it was my first post so no problem. Still searching for a guy who could make this.

Request updated.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I can make it if you want but it might take some time :D

Edit: but it might only work with Players that are there since im not that good with AI (I could do it but it would take longer :D)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.