respawn time timer

apostolis

Reaction score
Hi helpers.I am trying to make a dota-like timer for the respawning time.Does any one how will i make it what variables will i use and stuff.I wand every player to see the timer of his hero only and none else.this is what i have done till now but its not working properly..I hope smone to know a way.Thank you again helpers

timer death
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue))
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Triggering unit) is dead) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Start_timer with title |cff32cd32Revive in...
Countdown Timer - Start Start_timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in ((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) x 2.00) seconds
Wait ((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) x 2.00) seconds
Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
Else - Actions

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Hi helpers.I am trying to make a dota-like timer for the respawning time.Does any one how will i make it what variables will i use and stuff.I wand every player to see the timer of his hero only and none else.this is what i have done till now but its not working properly..I hope smone to know a way.Thank you again helpers

timer death
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue))
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Triggering unit) is dead) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Start_timer with title |cff32cd32Revive in...
Countdown Timer - Start Start_timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in ((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) x 2.00) seconds
Wait ((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) x 2.00) seconds
Else - Actions

I think your actions are messed up. If a unit does not die exactly when this trigger fires, nothing will happen.

Wratox1

Reaction score
use trigger tags: [WC3.][/WC3.] but without the "." then it will look like your trigger in the editor and it will much easier to read/see the problem;)

and you will need atleast 2 triggers to make this work;

Trigger:
  • Revive timer start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Dying_Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Triggering unit)
      • Countdown Timer - Start Revive[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Revive in:
      • Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Picked player)
            • Then - Actions
              • Countdown Timer - Hide (Last created timer window) for (Picked player)
            • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • Revive
    • Events
      • Time - Revive[1] expires
      • Time - Revive[2] expires
      • Time - Revive[3] expires
      • Time - Revive[4] expires
      • etc..
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • revive Dying_Hero at his reviving place
      • move hero to your respawning point

Lmfaocj

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Revive
    • Actions
      • revive Dying_Hero at his reviving place
      • move hero to your respawning point

I don't think that would work..
edit: because of
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Dying_Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Triggering unit)
so how do you revive your hero if there is no number to put in the box of the variable.

N582114

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is dead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Countdown Timer - Start Start_timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in ((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) x 2.00) seconds
              • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Start_timer with title |cff32cd32Revive in...
          • Wait ((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) x 2.00) seconds
          • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
      • Else - Actions

I think this might work. You should make the timer window after you made the timer, not before. Your making the timer window when the timer has never started. (I'm not sure if this would make a difference.)

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
waits don't work in loops... check your trigger editor's action box

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.