Reviving a dying unit where it dies & questions on region variable

neetmaster

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here.

It is my first time to actually messing with worldedit and I've been trying to "create" a region at the location where a unit dies by using region variable (please see attached picture).
I have no idea how region variable work so could anyone tell me on how can you actually do that?

Thanks.

mordocai

Reaction score
set the dying unit a variable, then try it. Might work im not sure this is just a quick answere

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Then again, instead of creating a region at the unit's position and revive it in its center,
why not simply revive it at that position?

neetmaster

Reaction score
Then again, instead of creating a region at the unit's position and revive it in its center,
why not simply revive it at that position?

I'm trying to delay the revival for like 30 seconds or so.
Should I just use the "wait"?

It seems that if multiple units are killed, they will all spawn at the region where last unit that was killed.

Any ideas please?

mordocai

Reaction score
that is because(this is a educated guess), everytime that a new unit dies, the trigger has to reset itself, thus making everyone revive at that one spot. Not sure how to fix

Razed

Reaction score
Why not use a Point variable-type instead of a Region-type? You could make a trigger like; Set POINT = Position of (Dying Unit) -- Revive (Dying unit) at POINT

I never use Region variables for revivable stuff ^^ just a suggestion.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Event:
- A unit dies
Conditions:
- whatever you need here
Actions:
- Wait 20.0 seconds
- Unit - Create 1 (Unit type of (Dying unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) facing Default

This fails if the dying unit does not leave a corpse...

Razed

Reaction score
Therefore he's using 'Unit - Create 1 (Unit type of (Dying unit)) at POINT' or something.. right?

Dirac

Reaction score
yeah... POINT = (position of (dying unit)) this is a very simple trigger, no need for regions or whatever

neetmaster

Reaction score
I wanted region to stay there so I can make use of them later.

But I think I'll do it the simplier way.
Thanks everyone.

Btw how do I add special buff to certain spell? Like I want chain lightning to also poisons units that are hit.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
To add extra effects to a spell you make a secondary spell with no mana cost and the extra effects. Then have a trigger that reads.

Code:
Events:
Unit Starts effect of ability
Conditions:
Ability being cast equal to [your first ability]
Actions:
Create 1 [dummy unit] at position of target unit of a spell being cast.
Add [Your second spell] to last created unit.
Order last created unit to [cast your spell]
Add a 2 second expiration timer to last created unit.

You should know that the editor has no way to detect the additional targets of spells like chain and forked lightning. So applying an extra effect to them would require you to make the spell from scratch.

mordocai

Reaction score
as the post above states, if you want chain lightning to also apply poison you need a dummy unit to cast it on all the targets of the chain lightning. the post above told you how to.
Edit- also as the above post mentioned, make the chain lightning give the targets a buff or something, the make the dummy uunit cast it on the people with the buffs. The thing below is freehand written btw
Condition-
unit has buf xxx
Actions-
Cause Dummy to use xxx on then
Else-

neetmaster

Reaction score
I'll go with using dummies, thanks everyone.
One more question please, how do I check unit's current buff/debuff as a condition?

Event: Unit A dies
Condition: Triggering unit is effected by buffA
Action: do something

thanks for everyone

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Im not sure, but i think the rules says something like that you have to make a new topic for a new question :)

eXirrah

Reaction score
Event: Unit A dies
Condition: Triggering unit has buffA euqal to true ( Boolean comparison -> Unit - Unit has buff)
Action: do something

I've been makin some SC maps and there is no point variable. So to actually find a position of a unit there, you make pereodic trigger and constantly move a Location(in WE-region) to follow him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.