Revolutionary Skill System

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Alright so i basicly got bored and decided to mix and match ideas from maps games etc. anyways im wondering if anyone maybe wants to help me or has any ideas, i have the basic system down and setup to easly add new abilitys to it. anyways heres what it looks like

I also color coded it so it would maybe make a little more sence
Red = Abilitys
Orange = Tiers
Blue = Classes
Green = Ability Points

You get a total of 25 ability points per "Class" Starting with 5 basic classes which i havent added all yet Each Class has a total of 15 abilitys but can only have 7 at any one time and heres how

There are 3 Diffrent Tiers for each class and my example will be the warrior. Once a class has put all 25 points in one tier they can focus into that tier and can become that class

You have to Spend all 5 in the first ability in a tier to gain access to the second ability, there are a total of 5 abilitys per tier and each ability has 5 levels

Paladin (Tier 1)

Thunder Clap (0/5)
Shield Bash (0/5)
Holy Infusion (0/5)
Devoution Aura (0/5)
Ability 5 is unknown Ultimate (0/5)

Swordsman (Tier 2)

Sword Mastery (0/5)
Critical Strike (0/5)
Impale (0/5)
Cleave (0/5)

Barbarian (Tier 3)

Battle Cry (0/5)
Demoralizing Shout (0/5)
Dodge (0/5)
Ability 4 is unknown (0/5)

After a charecter has trained into a new class they have 3 new tiers and forget all the old abilitys. Also, the abilitys can be redone at anytime so they can change their abilitys around but once they train to a new class they cant go back

Anyways, is there anyone who has ideas on abilitys or suggestions, also i was thinking about turning this into a rpg so if people want to start a team, im game.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Map

Well i decided to post my map just to help since its pretty wierd, anyways its jsut got the skill system right now. to access it in the game, press ESC and set your skills, its pretty self explanitory. once you have your skills sex press ESC again.

Lemme know if you think of any ideas abilitys etc please!

http://files.filefront.com/Obsidian_RPGzip/;6249549;;/fileinfo.html

Just a Quick Note, Upon Pressing ESC theres a spike of lag when it loads the abilitys, im working on the bugs when i can. but if you find a good way to fix it please let me know!

Nerubian

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
WoW

True i did take alot from wow with the Tier System, but i also took thinks such as from Ragnarok and the class changes, the Skill redoing and undoing is a little twist i added. but eatherway the skill GUI i added is somthing to be noted, take a look

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
It also sounds a little like the stat managment that System Shock 2 used.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Stats Etc

Yeah i know i took alot of things i liked from diffrent games ive played, basicly i wanted to put a game system together that was of all the good features ive liked from other games :) anyways if any one thinks of any abilitys for any of the classes or some good classes to add let me know!

Out of my stupidity and rushing i forgot to post the 5 classes i have lol

Paladin
/
Warrior--Swordsman--Crusader
\
Barbarian--Berserker

Priest
/
Acolyte--Monk
\
Necromancer

Hunter
/
Archer--Amazon
\
Ranger-Path Finder

Wizard
/
Mage--Enchanter
\
Warlock

Alchemist
/
Merchant--blacksmith
\
Tradesmen

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Actualy its not really once you get the hang of it lol, its alot easyer to play then build i admit but when i get more time ill work on it

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Um sorry but a paladin into a warrior? That makes no sense. Should be a warrior into a paladin or spearman or swordsman? Just my two cents.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Paladin is pretty high at that point i like

Holy Warrior -> Crusader --> Paladin

well that is how my RPG is going for that one class so far

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.