RuneScape Open RPG

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Closed

NO LONGER DISCONTINUED!
[ RUNESCAPE OPEN RPG ]​
A game based on skill... Collect the best items in the game, if you can of course, everything can drop anything rare, if you are lucky. You will be lucky if you can even get any rare items. There is farming, smelting, blacksmithing, mining, and crafting. Please help out.

REQUESTS NEEDED [WE NEED TRIGGERER, MAPPER, AND UNIT GUY]

Note: I'll be triggering for the game also so dont worry about me cause I will be doing something :)

|STAFF|
ban-lord@Lordaeron
jimpy (terrain :))
Note: All old testers are no longer testers. I'am requesting more and they NEED to be on USWest! If you are not on USWest please create a new account on USWest or request an appointment for your current server.

|TESTERS|
MeRcChRiS@UsWest
Outbreak191@UsWest

Recent Updates:
There were no recent updates yet. We are letting Jimpy doing the terrain now :) So please wait for the new terrain!

|Progress|
We are working on items---> Triggers
---> Terrain (process)
---> Units
---> Skills
---> Spells
---> Items (process)

Kenak

Reaction score
I'll test an RPG!

But be warned: I only have previouse knowledge on other Warcraft RPGs, and I've never played Runescape.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Five Tester Slots available now. If you wish to test or help out in another way just please say so :)

(Runescape: RuneScape is a MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role-playing computer game) implemented in Java, with over 2.8 million registered players. RuneScape was launched by Jagex Ltd. on January 4, 2001 and offers both pay to play ("P2P") and free to play ("F2P") membership options to players)

Progress:
Smelting: 30% (Used for making bars of metal which is used for Smithing
Mining: 100% (Deposits in certain areas which permit ores to come out for smelting)
Smithing: 10% (Make stuff out of metals (Made in Dialogue))
Farming: 50% (Picking weeds and growing seeds that need care)

------------------------------------------------------------
Keywords:
Dialogue - Brings up a menu in the game to choose
Deposit - Not as in deposit items, as in a deposit of rocks.
Smelting - The melting point of a metal
Smithing - Turning solid metal into a object.
Farming - Used to make food or sell!
------------------------------------------------------------

Rad

Reaction score
Not quite sure how you have mining/smelting set up, but I suggest Smelting is a spellbook that is used at the furnace, when you click it it shows "Axe, Dagger, Shield" etc then you click one of those, then THOSE have more like Steel Axe, Iron Axe, Steel Hatchet, etc.

You should have fishing too, maybe based on channeling not sure of the art you would use though. Maybe the pheonix egg (item) on the water. You could use an upgrade for skill levels, or just a variable. It wouldnt be fun without ALL of the skill.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Not quite sure how you have mining/smelting set up, but I suggest Smelting is a spellbook that is used at the furnace, when you click it it shows "Axe, Dagger, Shield" etc then you click one of those, then THOSE have more like Steel Axe, Iron Axe, Steel Hatchet, etc.

You should have fishing too, maybe based on channeling not sure of the art you would use though. Maybe the pheonix egg (item) on the water. You could use an upgrade for skill levels, or just a variable. It wouldnt be fun without ALL of the skill.

Smelting, is going to be worked on an aquiring item trigger, like if you put iron in the furnace there will be a 50% chance it will be pure /or impure, the rest will require combinations.

All you can do is make shit and sell it?

No, there are going to be mini-games imported soon, and the game isnt going to be as easy as you think so dont ask irrelevant questions please just ask how the game is going to be designed and set up.

Mining, will be ran on deposits in the areas that you can mine in, like there can be iron deposits, copper deposits, tin deposits, etc.... Each deposit will have a certain amount of life.
(we arent going to use the name Mithril, we are using Mythryl)
Clay Deposit - 5 HP, Very Easy to mine
Tin Deposit - 10HP, very easy to mine
Copper Deposit - 25HP, easy to mine
Iron Deposit - 35HP, easy to mine
Coal Deposit - 100HP, medium to mine
Mythryl Deposit - 200HP, hard to mine
Adamantite Deposit - 500HP, Very Hard to mine
Runite Deposit - 1500HP, Ultra Hard to mine

----------------------------------------------
Smelting Requirements:
Clay - Cannot Smelt
Tin & Copper - Bronze Bar
Iron - Iron Bar
Iron & Coal - Steel Bar
Mythryl & Coal - Myrthyl Bar
Adamantite & Coal - Adamantite Bar
Runite & Coal - Runite Bar
---------------------------------------------

We have a few tester slots open so please help out or become an Icon maker /or Model/Skin Maker:)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I can make a few icons, if you want. Just tell me what you need when you need it.

and for farming, heres a few ideas.
each terrain type will be better or worse for farming, like so-
dirt - average fertility
rough dirt - low fertility
grass - high fertility

something like that. and of course many tiles couldn't be grown on at all.
then have lots of different crops, which last different amounts of seasons. and you should be able to get seeds from the crops you harvest also, that you can re-plant. and trees, which would stay there for a long long time, but take a couple seasons to grow, and make only a few seeds.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I can make a few icons, if you want. Just tell me what you need when you need it.

and for farming, heres a few ideas.
each terrain type will be better or worse for farming, like so-
dirt - average fertility
rough dirt - low fertility
grass - high fertility

something like that. and of course many tiles couldn't be grown on at all.
then have lots of different crops, which last different amounts of seasons. and you should be able to get seeds from the crops you harvest also, that you can re-plant. and trees, which would stay there for a long long time, but take a couple seasons to grow, and make only a few seeds.

Farming is going to be based off of runescape system. There are going to be a few areas to grow them

Rough Dirt - Very Poor Fertility
Dirt - poor fertility
Crops - Great Fertility

There are also going to be seeds to purchase from stores around farms or there are going to be people who sell stuff around there. If you have more questions on farming please ask :)

Edit: I'd love some kool icons agent that would be helpful!

!! A PICTURE HAS BEEN ADDED !!

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i can do the quest if u'd like?

i havent read but the first post, but it sounds fun, now a few questions thou, are u going to be using a sorta armor/inventory sysytem like from DnD Calim River (i think thats what its called) but it has a invisible unit that is like your armor, and when u put items on him, they got to certain slots and then theyre effect is added to your hero, and they have another invisible unit that is your inventory,

ill try to stay out of that, but like i said ill do quest, but ill have to post them online and ull hafta copy them, my internets down

[EDIT]
oh and BTW my charecter is lvl 82, ive had (and lost) 4 other charecters, and ive been playing for 5 years, or 6 im not sure, ( ive been around when they only had 1 world, and about 2000 users)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Bartuc08 said:
i
[EDIT]
oh and BTW my charecter is lvl 82, ive had (and lost) 4 other charecters, and ive been playing for 5 years, or 6 im not sure, ( ive been around when they only had 1 world, and about 2000 users)

Mines lvl 84, member.

But i would help with testing if you would like :D

Reaction score
hahah my acountgot hacked and i lost 1.5 mil and full rune set of everything and tons of fish etc...you get the point. well this game does sound fun :D

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
i quit runescape a level 62 with 85 mining and a really high skill total...
over 1000 lol and i've been getting some extra work done since im sick :(

Bartuc08

Reaction score
MeRcChRiS said:
hahah my acountgot hacked and i lost 1.5 mil and full rune set of everything and tons of fish etc...you get the point. well this game does sound fun :D

heh i never really believed these "i got hacked can u give me free stuff" stories until it ghappend to me, lost about 3 mill + in items, and had to beg for 20 magic logs, luckly the guy i was beggin from was a guy ai met yesterday(by yesterday i mean the day before i was hacked), and made really good friends with.

so ban lords u want my help in making quest for ya?

Bartuc08

Reaction score
sure, i dont have internet on the comp that has world edit, so ill have to PM them to u so u can copy them down into the map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.