Safety Ward

Pender

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a simple effect: a Healing Ward that is modified to make friendly units in its radius invulnerable while they remain in its radius.

Attempt 1 was to modify the Healing Ward to apply the Big Bad Voodoo buff instead of the Healing Ward Healing buff. I couldn't get that to work. Nothing happened when units got near the Healing Ward.

Attempt 2 is to have the Healing Ward actually cast Big Bad Voodoo when it appears. I have the following trigger:

Event: A unit spawns a summoned unit
Conditions: Summoned unit is of type Safety Ward Lvl 1.
Actions: Give summoned unit Big Bad Voodoo ability
Order summoned unit to use Big Bad Voodoo.

No problem. It works great; all the glowy red voodoo symbols appear and all is well. The only issue is that the effective radius is tiny. Friendly units need to be rubbing shoulders with the Safety Ward for it to affect them. I used the original Big BAd Voodoo spell, so its radius should be set correctly.

I tried substituting a Shadow Hunter for the Safety Ward and then the radius was correct -- but it looks pretty odd to summon a dancing orc which dies after ten seconds.

Any advice?

Pender

Reaction score
Just make some dummy units come and cast a limited time invuln buff on all units when the ward is cast

Huh? Units should only stay invulnerable when they're within the radius of the Safety Ward. Units that are outside of the radius initially should become invulnerable when they enter the radius. Unless I misunderstand, your solution does not address these possibilities.

Sefiraat

Reaction score
Im not sure why the ability isnt working, but you can make two triggers.

First
Code:
E - Unit cast ability
C - Abiliy being cast = YOURWARDABILITY
A - Set POINTVARIABLE = Target of ability being cast
     Turn on TRIGGERTWO<gen>

Second (Initially off)
Code:
E - Every 0.5 Seconds of gameplay
C - NONE
A - Set TEMPUNITGROUP = Units within 700 of POINTVARIABLE
      Pick every unit in TEMPUNITGROUP and do actions
      C - Picked unit is within 700 of POINTVARIABLE
      THEN - Make picked unit invulnerable
      ELSE - Make picked unit vulnerable

Really sorry that these are written not copied, my WE isnt working -.-

just turn off the 2nd trigger when it is required

Pender

Reaction score
Im not sure why the ability isnt working, but you can make two triggers.

Thanks, but the problem with your approach is that it is a multiplayer map where there could conceivably be many wards operating at the same time.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
maybe u can jus add ability to the ward that gives off buff (brilliance aura with XXX range, maybe). then use the periodic event mentioned before... pick all units in entire map... use the condition: if units are within XXX distance of the ward + have the specific buff = true... then: make them invulnerable.... else: make them vulnerable... dunno it will work or not... but worth a try i guess... sorry im new in this...

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Your idea is even better if you only use the buff condition. A custom buff given by those Wards only can result in invulnerability.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
ya... i think my intended idea didnt turn out rite... it wont work properly i guess....

at first, i added the distance rule cos buffs usually dun disappear immediately even after the unit is out of the ability range... so the units can still be invul even after out of the XXX range for a few seconds.... but if pender dun mind that then why not.... jus ignore the distance rule....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.