Spellpack Sample Orbs

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Update:
  • Added Orb of Lifesteal
  • Added Implementation Trigger Comment Made it JESP (well I think it follows it)

A couple orbs I made...just for fun...test them and tell me what you think..yes some are rigged..lol

Credits to:
  • Hero12341234 (for making these orbs)
  • Vexorian (CS_CACHE)
  • KaTTaNa (HANDLE VAR)
  • Emjlr3 (ATTACK DETECTION SYSTEM)

All of these orbs STACK..

Orb of Frost Nova
Gives a 80% chance to deal a 30 damage frost nova.

Orb of Chained Lightning
With every attack the holder of this orb has a 50% chance to deal a 50 damage chain lightning.

Orb of Firey Breathe
With every attack the holder of this orb has a 20% chance to breathe a 100 damage breathe of fire.

Orb of Mana Steal
With every attack done the holder of this orb steals 10 mana from the target. Attacking allies will have the same effect.

Orb of Lifesteal
Upon every physical attack the holder of this orb heals for 10% of the damage it causes.

Tell me how it is and what you think :D

Will be added more orbs! Check back every now and then :D

Attachments

• Sample Orbs.w3x
    72.2 KB · Views: 435

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
E: unit is attacked
C: And all condtions are true
__attacking unit has buff orb of lightning = to true
__attacked unit is a structure = to false
A: if all conditions are true then do multiple actions else actions
__if conditons
____random integer from 1 to 100 less than or equal to 50
__then actions
____unit create 1 dummy unit at position of attacking unit
____unit add 2 second expiration time
____unit add chain lightning to last created unit
____unit issue order last created unit to orc-far seer chain lightning attacked unit
__else action

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Unit is attacked is good too coz you miss attack but orb does its thing, and proces of adding every unit to the trigger Specific Unit Event, well i dont know how it is done can someone tell me???

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>Unit is attacked is good too coz you miss attack but orb does its thing
That's not logical though.

Its sort of like saying "I swung a baseball bat at a monkey, and missed, but my bat still hit it".

See what I mean?

>proces of adding every unit to the trigger Specific Unit Event, well i dont know how it
To add a new event to a trigger, you just use the action "Trigger - Add new event", and from there you can use objects and data that aren't pre-placed on your map to be refered to in the added-to trigger.

But that's not really a good thing to do, because if the same events are added more than once, you could end up getting a double-fire from the trigger.

Hero's triggers aren't like that though; they use a much more simplified way, done in JASS too.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Could always put a wait in there that looks like this Wait Distance Between Position of Attacking Unit and Position of Attacked Unit/Projectile speed of the attacker... Of course with items, that doesnt work unless EVERY hero in your map has the same speed =/

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
SO I could make a Specific Unit Event, by using action - add event???? but how do i add every unit???

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>but how do i add every unit???
An easy way to add more than 1 unit at once, would be to use a unit group function, and add the event as shown:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Trigger - Add to Melee Initialization <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Dies)

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
NO, u didnt understand me

Lets say I want to make an ability to dodge the attack and deal dmg to the attacker without having that miss written down, i need every unit in map to be able to dodge.

So i need to make a trigger with Specific Unit Event, that requires me to pick every unit i want to work it on, but the problem is units are suppose to be spawned. So i must make a trigger that will add units to the event so it would work properly, kinda like:

there is a 50% chance to dodge attack and return 30 dmg to attacker
I must specify every unit there is for my event but the problem is most of them are not yet created.

OK NVM FOUND IT

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to give credits for everything you used.

HandleVars
CS_Cache
Damage Detection System (Is it made by you?)

Also, you need to add implementation steps. Users don't know that they need to copy things in the map header, and some of them aren't even needed by your orb spells (Where did you use Handle vars?)

You don't null "dummy" in your triggers.

The orb of chain lightning procs on attack, not on damage.

Nice idea though!

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score

HandleVars
CS_Cache

Also, you need to add implementation steps. Users don't know that they need to copy things in the map header, and some of them aren't even needed by your orb spells (Where did you use Handle vars?)

Nice idea though!

Hm...no wonder I used the wrong event for the chained lightning..and I will add credits I forgot to do it....it's because I was in a rush..lol...also I will add more orbs probably 10+ more

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

HandleVars
CS_Cache

Nice idea though!

Did you do all this? It's a priority, do it before adding more orbs.

Estel3

Reaction score
Yeah how does one import all those and successfully use them? I would love to use an orb system like your's Hero but I know not JASS.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Yeah how does one import all those and successfully use them? I would love to use an orb system like your's Hero but I know not JASS.

It's not a system...but I'll make one..hopefully before the end of this week.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you planning to do what I told you to?

Removing this from the Approval list otherwise.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.