SC2 - Ability List

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Hello there fellow helpers!

I was thinking that maybe we could put up an ability list here of the SC2 abilities that we have found information about. This may come in handy planning maps.

(Any moderator may feel free to modify this edit and add abilities directly to this list, I will update it myself to following the incoming posts but a little help is always welcome!)

I will continue on this list later on but this is what you get for the moment.

Protoss:

- The Mothership
Cloaking Field passively cloaks the player's nearby ground units and structures.
Time Bomb creates a distortion field around the Mothership that lasts 30 seconds. Air units within this field cannot move and take no damage from ranged attacks. Time Bomb costs 100 energy and cooldown takes 90 seconds.
Vortex creates a gravity vortex for 30 seconds that incapacitates units that are sucked into it. units under the effect of the vortex cannot be hit with weapons. Vortex does not give any damage to units sucked into it. Vortex costs 150 energy and cooldown takes 3 seconds.

- Zealot
Charge increases the movespeed greatly of the zealot for a few seconds with a short cooldown.

- Immortal
Power Shields is an active-ability that can be used to put up a shield that absorbs incoming damage for an amount of time or up the the limit of maximum damage taken.

- Stalker
Blink is the ability that stalkers use to teleport short distances with a cooldown.

- Phase Prism
Warp Field is the ability that can be used in order to link up with a Warp Gate to warp in friendly units.
Power Supply is the abilitiy that can be used to empower protoss buildings in the absence of a pylon.

- Phoenix
Warp Field Overload can be used in order to canalize the fields of the unit unleasing an area-effect discharge that can destroy large numbers of enemy units at the same time. However the user is left temporarily powerless and crippled for a short amount of time.

- Colossus
Cliff Scaling allows the colossus to climb over terrain up to one level of terrain height.

- Dark Templar
Permanent Invisibility, the unit renders invisible at all times.

- Carrier
Interceptor Fleet is the ability used by Carriers to send out small guided spacecrafts to attack nearby enemy units.

- Observer
Cloak Field is the ability that can be used in order to make friendly units in a small area render invisible until the energy resources of the observer runs out.
Permanent Invisibility, the unit renders invisible at all times.

- Gateway/Warp Gate
Warp is the ability that can be used in order to warp your units into any psionic matrix, the power fields of the pylons.

Terran:

- Marine
Stim Packs are used by the marines to temporarily increase the movespeed of the user for an amount of time.

- Reaper
D-8 Charges are grenade-like charges that can be thrown towards enemies detonating after a short delay.
Jet-packs are used by the Reapers to climb obstacles or initialize combat, peeling through the air in an arc.

- Ghost
Tactical Nuclear Strike can be setup by ghosts, after a short time channeling a nuclear warhead launches from a command center to strike the targeted area.
Drop Pods can also be summoned by ghosts, calling down reinforcements from outerspace to the battlefield.
Cloak is frequently used by the ghost, an ability that when activated makes the ghost render insvisible but dropping energy until deactivated.

- Viking
Transform (Ground to Air) is frequently used by the Viking, transforming from a ground unit into an air.

- Battlecruiser
Yamato Cannon is a powerful cannon that after a short casting time fires of a devastating nuclear blast.

- Nomad
Deploy Auto-Turret is an ability that can be used by the Nomad deploying a sentry-turret that attacks nearby enemy units.

- Crucio Siege Tank
Siege Mode is an ability that can be used by the Siege Tank to switch combat mode changing the ability to move, attack range, damage, damage type e t c.

- Sensor Tower
Motion Tracker is an ability that is passivly activated that indicates motion within a certain range outside line of sight.[/SIZE]

Zerg:
- Ultralisk
Siege Mode is an ability that can be used by the Siege Tank to switch combat mode changing the ability to move, attack range, damage, damage type e t c.

- Overall
Burrow(immobilized)
A unit burrows itself in the ground hiding it rendering invisible to enemy players. When burrowed the unit is immobilized.
Burrow (movable)
A unit burrows itself in the ground hiding it rendering invisible to enemy players. When burrowed the unit can move around freely.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Don't forget the ultralisk self destruct!

And lets not forget:
[Brett Wood] Lets say you have a cool idea for an implosion type of ability that will rapidly shrink down a targeting unit, then cause an energy shockwave that damages all nearby units within a certain area. Since there is no standard ability with a shrink-down effect, in Warcraft III youd have to resort to some fancy trigger work to achieve this effect. In StarCraft II, this kind of effect can be set up completely in the data files, and you could make the entire ability without having to use any triggers or scripting at all.
(StarCraft II Q&A Batch 39)

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Ofc I won't forget that! :D

I forgot the Ultralisk self-destruct though.

Anyway this document may come in handy to get an overview of what's possible :)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Ofc I won't forget that! :D

I forgot the Ultralisk self-destruct though.

Anyway this document may come in handy to get an overview of what's possible :)
Yep - I was just pointing out that you aren't limited to any of those. :)

As far as what you can do - They already said you could make as many stats as you want, and there would be in inventory and leveling system. :p Not to mention UI modding, and using mouse to move camera.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Zerg:
- Ultralisk

Ultralisks are tanks?

Also, I think you forget stuff like, hunter seeker missles, the ghosts assinate skill, psionic storm, etc

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.