[SC2Demo] Defeat insane AI

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I downloaded SC2 Demo (@.@ 1.5 GB) and played available campaign missions. After that I moved to single player. To have some challange I started to play 1 vs 1 with insane AI.
That opponent is challenging, every time AI manages to out-resource me in every aspect of game -- buildings built, units produced. I bit suspect does AI get somekind of a advantages like more resources or faster build time? If that is not like that then share tips how to win insane AI, thanks.

EDIT: I use MULEs to harvest quicker. My usual start off is producing SCVs, Supply Depot, SCV, Barracks, ComSat Upgrade, Refinery (spelling?), MULE!, Marauders & Marines.
If I get lucky I manage to hold on until I get tanks and their Siege Mode upgrade. It gets ridiculous when AI comes with their Thors to do "Zorg* Rush" on me lol!

* Yeah, indeed Zorg :)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
IIRC they start with the same amount, but gather at 1.5x speed (return 1.5x more that is).

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard that insane AI both starts with more resources, and mines faster than you. All other difficulties are fair in terms of resources. Don't take my word on this though.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
All I know is that they haxxorz. But they're all very predictable. Easy to beat once you figure them out.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Insane AI mines 8 minerals instead of 5, and 6 gas instead of 4.

Do cannon rush them :) They can't cope with it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Fly to an island, make ulltimate defence and then kill them with 200/200 BS. OR cannon rush. Maybe 6 pool works too ?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks for replys, in demo there are two maps available, one, which I play has word sand in it, it' s 1 vs 1 map. There are not any islands to hide, though both players start on high ground with one enterance. If I manage to hold on which I have done before with some success. Key is to hold on some time until my defence becomes strong. haven't managed to weaken him with rush at start because of their advantage(s).
I go playing now against insane AI.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I has idea... (Watched Toy Story 2 last night and this came to me):

ZURG RUSH!!!!

Emperor-Zurg-Toy-Story-3.jpg

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Totally agree, Zorg Rush is TEH weapon. Everybody afraid Zorg Rush. I got bit smarter, when you build Anti-Air turrets and punkers near high ground edge then Insane AI does not attack you for some time. Same tactics work with medium difficulty.
I was too lazy to win any game, built defences and waited how long I can survive.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
The insane AI actually collect 60% more minerals and 50% more gas. 8min/6gas, to the normal 5min/4gas. They also have full vision of the map.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! I can finally play StarCraft 2 with sounds!! In English!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Do we have any more sc2 demo players? I started to plan my base like AI does. Building barracks like wall and punkers behind them. That tactic works even better. It is quicker and easier to build nuke and ghoust unit but AI tries to dodge nuke.

EDIT:
If you really want to win AI these are for you:
TerribleTerribleDamage (God mode, every unit's damage 10x and always full health)
SawNoutOfMemory (map vision)
SmoldersBolds (5000 crystals & vespine gas)
JaynesTown (No tech. requirements?)
SoSayWeAll (No tech. requirements?)
MoreDotsMoreDots (No tech. requirements?)

Planetary Fortress (PF) tactic works well. Go for SCVs, Refinary (optionally 2), Engineering Bay, move your base bit outer when ready to upgrade, Upgrade to Planetary Fortress, 1500 hp (Command Center with cannon doing 40 damage, Marine has 45 health). Now you have two ways, first is to build some more PF to get defence up. Second way is to microing your army. Have not managed to do last one yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.