[Sci/Tech] Men No Longer Needed to Create Sperm

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
There is some question about whether a sperm cell created from a female could produce viable, healthy offspring. The human female sperm cells could not in their current state produce offspring as they do not have the correct amount of genetic material. The team must next have the cells undergo meiosis to make sure the cells have the correct amount of genetic material.

Well if the female gender rules the world and kicks the men out. I hope you enjoy your weird children ^^

Now we may figure out how to create X-Men people :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
oooh noo this will make alot of lesbian relationships, and then there isn't enough ladies !!!! :eek:

Erm... what?...

Lesbians currently use donors if they want a child, just because a university discovered that there's a different way to do it doesn't mean that all of the women on the planet are going lesbian...

Even if they did all go lesbian, how the hell would that ever come to there not being enough ladies?...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I don't know what you're all so worried about. If anything, this just enforces some people's view that women are for making babies, men are for making money* :p

Just 'cos it's possible, doesn't mean they will. Not only will they still have the need for sex, but most will want to stick with traditions. This discovery is unlikely to mean the death of men... after all, men are capable of taking on jobs women would struggle with. No offence to the tiny female population on this board or anywhere for that matter, but I hardly see you lot going down mineshafts anytime soon :rolleyes:

It's the natural way I guess, women and men fill roles that the other won't.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Men won't be extinct. Even if all/most lesbian women had babies this way, the babies could still be male/female.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Also, think of this. Lesbians are attracted to women, and normally women are attracted to men, and their sperm is free! :O

Men won't be extinct. Even if all/most lesbian women had babies this way, the babies could still be male/female.

Thats also true.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
whats next pregnant men?

but this means for women who can find mates can still have babies, but with there DNA only...

P.s.
WERE GETTING REPLACED WHAAA

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> the babies could still be male/female
Actually, if this thing is really based solely on female cells then the babies will (almost) always be female as well - women (normally) don't have the Y chromosome.

esb

Reaction score
Women don't have sperm and look what happened :p

K

kitty

woah i bet lesbians are loving this
ha now they have a reason

esb

Reaction score
Lol Pineapple.

Anyway, not only lesbians can benefit from this (when it gets to perfect stages without health defects), but also sterile men that don't want some random guy's sperm.

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
You guys act like the only reason women are straight is to reproduce...

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score

wait, you mean they're not!?

thank Jeebus! we've been saved!

:p

Asehujiko

Reaction score
In a few days, some fundamental religion groups will start an all out war on genetic science for this. OTOH, there will be atleast 1 group of hardcore feminists who will want this techonology whatever the cost.

Calm down, sit back, grab some popcorn and watch the carnage.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I can see it now, sometime in the future on CNN:

In other news: Scientist have created a male womb! That's right! You heard me, Male Wombs. God save us.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score

haha, i think a kid is the last thing guys want from sex xD (its like herpies or AIDs, you cant get rid of the damn thing :D )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.