Selective Autoattacking

Pender

Reaction score
I'm trying to make map in which units will generally auto-attack enemy units but not a specific enemy unit. Let's assume that there are other reasons that I cannot make the special unit invulnerable. Is there a way, including with triggers, to disable auto-attack for one specific unit?

I've set up a trigger so that if the special unit is attacked, the trigger orders the attacking unit to stop. But the attacking unit still runs over to the special unit before stopping, which I'd like to avoid.

Thoughts? Is there a way to have a trigger activate when a unit receives an autoattack order but not a regular attack order?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You could make the specific unit invisible.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
You could try changing "a unit is attacked" to "a unit comes within range of [not-attackable-unit]"
Then <Stop> probably wouldn't be the best counter-order to give the attacking unit, but I dunno.
:)

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
There is a "<Unit> acquires a target event". That and some dynamic triggers would be your best option.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Would it be a solution to change 'Combat - Targeted as' to something different than ground (or what you have there currently).

That way units would just pass by it as if it wasn't there as long as they can't target that type.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.