Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i'd be a part of it, but when it comes to RP i tend to get a bit out of hand, just fair warning.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I kind of started the Revival of the RP again on GH (But it seems like its dying again). Obviously I would be RPing here...

i'd be a part of it, but when it comes to RP i tend to get a bit out of hand, just fair warning.

That maybe true, we usually have more mature people (or the mature members from TH) on GH, compared to TH.
Although debating seems to be ok, I think everything will be fine

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
yeah, then someone makes a good story everybody can participate and it gets a hopeles mess of ppl that try to join the story but get ignored :thup:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I think I have the idea of this, but just to check, by Writing RP you mean like for example:

Name: Uberlak Talone
History: At age 7, his family was killed... yadayada

And someone could respond to that RP by like:

Name: Killeraya Poo
History: 8 years ago, he killed Uberlak Talone's family.

Like that? I used to go to this other forum for anime and it was like that, people would create characters and stuff, except it was for Naruto.

Well, I do like that but if, like some of you said, that part of GH would close down or something, I don't like the idea of that.

So... I'll poll "yes"... because...

Edit: Btw, I am a serious RPer... and I don't like people who aren't... O_O

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
you know, I think Xaphire would be jumping for joy if he was still around. XD

and Viine, that is what RPing is - except that you also write actions :p

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Such as:
Name: Knight
Action: Attacks Whoever Is In Front Of Him
-------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Loser
Action: Stands In Front Of Knight

???

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Such as:
Name: Knight
Action: Attacks Whoever Is In Front Of Him
-------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Loser
Action: Stands In Front Of Knight

???
Well, that sounds a bit too structured for my tastes, but I think that's about right.
Am I 'Knight?' :D

thewrongvine

Reaction score
So we can develop off another person's character? And at the same time, add our own character to fit in someone else's story?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
So we can develop off another person's character? And at the same time, add our own character to fit in someone else's story?

heh, didn't you say you were a big RPer? You seem to have some troubles. ;)

There is no 'X's story. You make the introduction, then everyone brings it the way they want.

And you can oly develop your own characters - doing anything for other people is considered bad.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Never did those RP things but it sounds quite interesting. I'd be glad to participate in the activity if it becomes reality.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I guess Seth might have to explain what kind of RP's there would be, unless the forum would be up for almost any kind.

The ones I've usually seen (in forums) are the thread starter writes the intro of a story (3-5 paragraphs, or more) and then the following posts continue the story. But nothing dumb or crazy, like Bob having eye shooting lazer beems going Shoop-de-woop.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
yea, the last time i RPed on a forums things were going great.. .until i made my character have the ability to use super saiyon splooj blast. which launched hot... stuff and melted faces...

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Lol that's what happens when people develop greedy "power" ambitions for their characters. I've seen it all too many times before.

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@esb: Why would you want to limit the kinds of RPs there can be? The creator makes a story, and it's the players' choice whether or not to join that one.

@Battlemapsta: I've never seen that happen before, not that I've RPed very much besides on GH. People are mature enough to keep out the sillyness when it's clearly unwanted right? *cough*

What I have seen is: Endless fight scenes between characters who just want to get a piece of the action and have no ulterior motive whatsoever in their minds. And: Everybody getting wounded (for the sake of not god-moding), but nobody ever dies. The worst is: people who just "flat out suck", even though they try, ruins my writing mood.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
@esb: Why would you want to limit the kinds of RPs there can be? The creator makes a story, and it's the players' choice whether or not to join that one.

@Battlemapsta: I've never seen that happen before, not that I've RPed very much besides on GH. People are mature enough to keep out the sillyness when it's clearly unwanted right? *cough*

What I have seen is: Endless fight scenes between characters who just want to get a piece of the action and have no ulterior motive whatsoever in their minds. And: Everybody getting wounded (for the sake of not god-moding), but nobody ever dies. The worst is: people who just "flat out suck", even though they try, ruins my writing mood.

I think this RPG fits your theories well :rolleyes:

I vote for yes. RPGs are fun. As long as there arn't any stupid peoplez and there are competent and great mods.

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'd recommend having a "public/private" RP system. If it's public, anybody and everybody can join. If it's private, you have to PM the creator with your character and receive his approval before you can join. But yeah, we aren't even sure we're going to have a forum yet. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.