Sherlock Holmes (2009)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Sherlock_holmes_ver5.jpg

Sherlock Holmes is an upcoming 2009 film adaptation of Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional character of the same name. Guy Ritchie will direct the film, while Joel Silver, Lionel Wigram, Susan Downey and Dan Lin will produce the film. Michael Robert Johnson, Anthony Peckham and Simon Kinberg will write the screenplay based on Lionel Wigram's story and Doyle's characters. Robert Downey Jr. will portray Holmes and Jude Law will portray John Watson. The film will be released on December 25, 2009.[2]

---
Downey looks awesome as holmes btw :p

Cant wait to see it, its during my Christmas break too ^.^

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yes.

Nothin like the books but all movie-books are like that, :)
Looks awesome.
That's why it's on the list of ending 2009 awesome movies. :)
I go see this.
Comes out on christmas, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
O yea, Watson doesn't seem like how most people interpret him but I guess it's still a good, different perspective on him, and a good actor maybe.
can't wait for it yay.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
It's funny because when you think of Holmes, you think of a mystery, not an action-packed hard-hitting movie like the trailers make it look like.

I personally love the look of this. I'm confident it's going to be a) great and b) hilarious. I definitely have to see it.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I may as well go and see this, it's the only movie on at the moment in the UK that I even know about, let alone know that it's going to be good.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I agree about him supposed to being European..... But so far all the cast I saw looks really good.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
[del]they made sherlock holmes a weakling. he can BEND metal.[/DEL] didnt see the whole thing -.-

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Danny and I saw this yesterday... It was bloody amazing. It was a little different from how I thought it was going to play out, but they definitely did a good job and even left it open for another movie.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Was supposed to see it today with friends but I woke up late and missed it, and had no time to watch it later since I had other things to do, lol. So I'll see it next week, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Saw, just now. I loved it, so here is the run down (i will put spoilers, in SPOILERS. GET IT!?)
----
The movie stayed semi-true to the books, sherlock holmes showed off his deducing ability and his fighting prowess several times (there was also a beast theme song that played several times in the movie). The thing i was waiting for at the end, was the reveal, where sherlock holmes showed everything he had deduced, and basically re-cap what happened, those are the pros. And a lot other pros so.. here are the cons

There could have been better camera angles, it was hard to see what was going on someimes and. Holmes, when he was showing off his intelligience, he talked real fast, and i was sitting there going "What?"

You dont have to read the books, but they did mention Lycroft, once, and.. thats about it, they didnt expand on it, holmes just mentioned his brother (who is smarter, but lacks motivation to actually do anything with it)

And there will be a sequal (i hope) because the end just begs for a sequal, or atleast a trilogy.
The movie. was unexpectedly long, it was like. 2 and a half hours. This was also the only other movie i have watched in theaters that actually got clapping at the end (the other being transformers 2)

And i found the song.
[youtube]3zIzy3laQck[/youtube]
---

I also thought it was funny that the movie theatre had a preshow that said
"Remember to turn off your phones and enjoy the movie"
I guess i wont enjoy it if i dont remember o_O

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I saw it, was a little underwhelmed. There was no chemistry at all between Downey and McAdams. In fact, there was more chemistry between him and Jude Law as friends; it was a more interesting and funny relationship to watch.

The very first action sequence with the guardsman and the boxing match were the only two interesting action scenes, the rest were just filler.

Also, Robert Downey's British accent, while sounding decent, was often difficult to understand and often he would be practically whispering it. I found Watson much more enjoyable to watch than Holmes; Jude Law was just more in his element, while Downey didn't really fit.

The movie is pretty funny, but a lot of the funny parts were in the trailer, which was annoying. In addition, the story was nothing special. If it weren't for the 1800's London setting, this would just be a typical action movie.

It was good and enjoyable, but not something I'm excited to buy on DvD and definitely not the best thing I've seen this winter, much less this month.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Going to see this with a friend tonight, gonna post up on what I think about it later. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.