Shooting map ideas

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
What do you like about zombie shooter/shoot 'em up and shooter survival maps. Please post what you like and think should be added to my new project. Posting links is also appretiated.

+rep will be given to good and original ideas.
Im think its going to be like the map
"I Am Legend"

Conal

Reaction score
I like ammo conserving. Never seen a wc3 map that decently pulls it off though.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Explain this ammo conserving?
Like you need to save bullets because you get so little?

Lifee

Reaction score
well i like the ammunition system,good zombie models,a weapons like ak47 etc. and barricades.Many zombies and a special weapons as i said ''ak47'' and special ammunitions for them.Random items to spawn over the map.

HeX.16

Reaction score
I want to add a craft system to the map. Making it so you can find lets say a laser sight. Then add it to your ak-47 and get a ak-47(LS) with better accuracy.

Seprest

Reaction score
It would be cool to have an ammo system that changes the amount you have in your clip depending on the weapon you're using, most games base the ammo off of food (subtract 1 food per shot, reload give you more food), so maybe you could change the max food to different values depending on the weapon you're using.

though that would only work if your not using your food for something else.

Maybe you could also find other survivors by doing quests, maybe you find a clue as to the location of someone; opening up a quest that ultimately leads to a new companion.

educator

Reaction score
something i want to see but have no idea how to make is a defence map. have some sort of fortress made from the terrain. and have 1st person view (or close to it with a more horizontal locked camera) and have your unit selectable at a barracks and when the unit dies it moves the camera back to the barracks. eg. have a catapult, with attack ability (instead of normal attack make it a cast ability), or have an archer (with same general idea) and have waves of enemies charge the fortress. (sorry for irrelavence it just somthin i wanna see)

HeX.16

Reaction score
Good ideas to all right now im working on a system which allows the player to modify their weapons with attachments such as Extended Clips, Scopes, Laser Sights. Does anyone know of a good and SIMPLE missile system. I have my ammo system completed and my weapons all done but now need a missile system.

Sharp

Reaction score
To me it would be nice to see something like The Mercenaries of Resident Evil 3 in Warcraft.

HeX.16

Reaction score
I really cant explain it. If you search on hiveworkshop you will find 500 but i need a good one. Im sure weep or ghan or some1 made an awesome one.

tmow

Reaction score
Make missions, use airstrikes and on which they can ping the location to have the airstrike. Make the shots require skill instead of many...for example one thing i didnt like in i am legand is they just spammed zombies but there was no skill, you built baracades and let your guy sit there. This should require skill!

also idk if this is possible, but possibly make headshots do more damage?

HeX.16

Reaction score
@Nherwyziant - Reinventing the Craft has a missile system?

@tmow - How would you get a head shot? Its like a critical strike, I was thinking for the zombies they will increase as the game goes on like Cod 5 Nazi Zombies. Like the move quicker and get more damage and health. Also for the Air Strikes i can make that quite easily the missions i will need to look at a tutorial for them ive never used them before.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
If my map NEEDS RtC does every1 that plays it need to install it?

I dunno, but I think yes. RtC is really great on single players. And anyway, you can also use space as jump in RtC cuz in RtC you can use all keys in keyboard like prnt screen lol

HeX.16

Reaction score
Thats really awesome but i cant make that nor do i want people no need to install RtC.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.