Short Info about custom ability

jnZ

I
Reaction score
ok i want to create an ability that burns the ground (it should look like many flames appearing on the ground). the effect will last around 15seconds and every unit that walks onto the effected ground will be burnt (damage over time). before ill creat that ability i just wanted to ask: is there an easy way to create such a ability in the object editor? i ask that before iam creating a triggered spell that creates many dummy unit that look like flames with permanent immolation because there is much in the object editor that i dont know. usefull hints get +rep.
thanks in advance

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
ok i want to create an ability that burns the ground (it should look like many flames appearing on the ground). the effect will last around 15seconds and every unit that walks onto the effected ground will be burnt (damage over time). before ill creat that ability i just wanted to ask: is there an easy way to create such a ability in the object editor? i ask that before iam creating a triggered spell that creates many dummy unit that look like flames with permanent immolation because there is much in the object editor that i dont know. usefull hints get +rep.
thanks in advance

how about flamestrike without an animation, and initial dmg? it leaves flames behind on the ground

jnZ

I
Reaction score
but there is no way to remove those black-effect thingy at the start. or am i wrong? EDIT: its a 300 AoE
ill try with flamestrike responding in some minutes

EDIT: ok removing EVERY effect works here. if there are no effects all you can see are the flames on the ground... pretty stupid Oo

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
but there is no way to remove those black-effect thingy at the start. or am i wrong? EDIT: its a 300 AoE
ill try with flamestrike responding in some minutes

EDIT: ok removing EVERY effect works here. if there are no effects all you can see are the flames on the ground... pretty stupid Oo

well if you want somehting below the flames, like scattered ground of smthn, you can jsut make a simple special effect trigger

jnZ

I
Reaction score
yeah but i think for a goblin flamethrower who burns the ground a little bit a scattered ground would be a little out of place. dont you think?

EDIT: maybe a problem: how to adjust the duration of flamestrike? the Duration - Hero and Duration - Normal effect the burning effect. so?

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
yeah but i think for a goblin flamethrower who burns the ground a little bit a scattered ground would be a little out of place. don't you think?

hmm well you could use cluster rockets without any damage and a fire model as projectile, and then create a dummy at th target that casts has immolation or smthn, and create some sweet special effects in the area, shouldn't be to hard

EDIT: if you dont want ministun, use healing spray, has the same effect anymation

EDIT2: the normal duration is the animation duration. i suggest set hero and normal to the same value, to avoid confusion.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
the main part of the spell is the tactical effect of the burnt ground. but i like the idea of the flamethrower shooting/channeling some fire on the ground. (is cluster rockets channeld?) but anyway the flamethrower will burn the ground under him upon dead so i still need the flamestrike part, you know how to increase the duration?

EDIT: just read your edit. so theres no way to edit the duration?

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
the main part of the spell is the tactical effect of the burnt ground. but i like the idea of the flamethrower shooting/channeling some fire on the ground. (is cluster rockets channeld?) but anyway the flamethrower will burn the ground under him upon dead so i still need the flamestrike part, you know how to increase the duration?

EDIT: just read your edit. so theres no way to edit the duration?

there is, when you set the normal duration to 2, the flames last 2 seconds, when you set the normal duration to 10, the flames last 10 seconds, i'm jsut not sure how the hero part is calculated... maybe the flames affect them only for X seconds, where X is the hero duration

And Cluster Rockets is channeling, yes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.