Should be simple: Thunder Clap to Healing Clap (ew, the clap)

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
bad joke.

Anyway, I thought it would be easy. I took thunder clap, put in negative values for "Data - AOE Damage", and set "Targets Allowed" to "Friend, Ground, Organic, Self"

Well, obviously I misunderstood what Targets Allowed did on this type of spell, because now it just heals my enemies instead.

So what can I do to have a me-centered AOE Healing spell?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
How about Scroll of Healing instead with the clap graphic?

S

Slaughter

Is that skill invisible, though?

The targets fields are a bit confusing. I'm not sure anyone fully understands them. Try goofing with them some. :/

R

Razthemapper

Ground and Organic let you target enemies. Try removing them!

S

Slaughter

You said it 'just' heals your enemies? Does it heal allies, or the caster?

Homer

Reaction score

I believe he was talking about the clap for ground and organic. So try removing Ground and organic for clap. But if that fails just go and use the healing scroll of resortation and remove the mana stuff. Then change the art to a clap. Whalah youve got a healing clap.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Luth said:
bad joke.
Well, obviously I misunderstood what Targets Allowed did on this type of spell, because now it just heals my enemies instead.

The default Targets Allowed for Thunder Clap is going to have "Enemies" checked off. You should uncheck that, and instead check "Allies".

xPheRe

Reaction score
No way.
Thunderclap is hardcoded as an enemy attacking spell.
I don't know if this is because it's a Physical spell.
No matter what you change on it, it always hits enemies and add the thunderclap buff to them.

Give the Scroll of Regeneration a try.

S

Slaughter

Scroll of Healing, probably. Scroll of Regeneration gives back hp over time, not an instant heal.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Seems that he's right, Thunder Clap IS hard coded to enemies. No matter what combination of Targets, it ALWAYS ONLY effects enemies, never allies or the caster.

So with that, I'm gonna go look at the Scroll of Healing. I'll let ya know how it works. :)

--------------

So for my second newbie question: How do I make a Hero Ability (with research icons, tool tips, etc) out of an Item Ability base? I mean, I can turn on Hero Ability - True and assign it to a hero, but its quite lacking as far as calling it a true "Hero Ability" goes.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Checking that flag adds all the data fields required for a hero ability...

Kenak

Reaction score
Yes you can. Just uncheck Item Ability and check off Hero Ability.

You can then edit it to have multiple levels, what it does each level, etc... just like a normal hero ability.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Ya know, I did all that. It didnt add the necessary fields. I tested it after I created it, and it was still missing all that data.

---------

I just reloaded the map (having shutdown WE), and toggled the Hero Ability off and on, and they DID come up this time. :nuts:

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Ya know what, in the end, I decided that the spell was too darn plain, and wrote a custom trigger for the spell effect anyway. ;) But hey, at least I learned something.

You guys are down-right helpful group. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.