Sick and Twisted - A solo project from Seth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Not hilarious, but that made me chuckle :p

Yea, give Microsoft Expressions a whirl. I think you might like it. Make sure to make a vector layer though, not a pixel layer.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I like that one too. You should call it Seth's World

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Dude, no.
Alex/seth/w/e.
This is bad.
Am I trying to flame ya; no.
This was not funny.
This was not well drawn.

Thier was very little reedeming quality. Personally, am I the artist? No. Can i do better? No. I've made a picture to show what ---I--- think should be changed.

Red Circle 1 - This is got to go. This giant white block is no good. I takes up space, and most improtantly it makes the comic look sloppy/lazy. Change this to either two seprate bubbles of some sort or much mroe suttle connection.

Red Circle 2 - This hand is, well, bad. Fix it by bending some of the fingers or making the thumb more visible.

Red Circle 3 - Just re-draw the "B".

Red Circle 4 - I really don't know what to tell you about this hand. It's not really that bad; theres just something wroung with it.

Red Circle 5 - This perspective s not good. A simple change of angle could make this arm looks 10X better.

Red Circle 6 - Shorten the thumb and figners.

Red Circle 7 - Connect the bubble to the border.

-

Green Circle 1 - The face and expression here is well done. Major improvement from last time.

Green Circle 2 - With out a doubt the best expression you've draw to date. Good job.

Green Circle 3 - By the time i've circled this I've realized that you've now completely grasped the concept of mouth expressions. Now you've gatta get the eye-brows. :p

Try agian, I'de like to see some more, improved ones. ;)

EDIT: ugh forget it I can't get the picture to work and i've run out of caring.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Eh, considering I have no idea what the circles are referring to... I don't know what the hell you're talking about :) Try saving the image and making some circles in Paint, or something, so I can at least see what you mean. White blocks? Yeah, I have a lot of them. They're called Text Bubbles. I don't like circles -.- God, I hate fitting text into circles... Which hand? Which expression? In which panel? Why? Who? When? Where? Sometimes, maybe even a "how"?

Get the point? It's good critism, since you at least explained what you meant. It's constructive. I just have no idea what to look at to improve.

And this was today's second project. I drew, scanned and PSed it all in a day, even though I had planned to stretch the process out across a couple of days :p What can I say, I'm a work a holic...

If you haven't seen the Sci-Fi reality show "Who Wants to be a Superhero?", you may not understand this. Long story short, it's a reality show with a buncha people dressed up as Super heroes, with their own original gimmicks and powers, competing in character challenges. The winner has their character made into a comic book by Stan Lee. And they also get an acting part in a Sci-Fi original movie.

Check it.

Issue004-CT.jpg

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
LoL, I think he was planning to make an amage, but never got around to it :p

MasterofABCs, you just gotta remember by changing it from hand drawn to computer drawn, it is a lot harder, mainly because you have to make it look good even though theres all the eraser marks, etc.

But about the comic... I like the idea. Yet again it's like Ctrl Alt Dlt, but heck, I like both comics equally. Though they have better graphics (Can't blame you though)

I liked the skin color in the 2nd comic and the 3rd comic the most, not as much the 1st and 4th. But maybe more of an imbetween of the two?

You are getting a bit better in certain parts of the computer picture editing. Though it seems like you are using paint, with severly reduces the quality (So... Much... Fuzz? What do you call it :p)

The text boxes aren't bad, but how you connect them looks bad. It really ruinds the general appearance. Sometimes it's the small things that really count.

DAMNIT WOMAN! WHAT DID WE SAY ABOUT EATING THE SUPERHEROES?! - Lmao. That made me laugh. Yet again same humor as CtrlAltDlt, but I like that humor.

Those are just some of my opinions. I meant them to be more constructive then insulting. I hope they helped in some small way.

Hehe, you middle name is Edgar :D I have a principle whos last name was that, I hated him. But anyways...

Have a nice night :)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Funny :D
best part is i got to see it before ANYONE MUAHAHAHAHAHA
(ithink)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
I liked the skin color in the 2nd comic and the 3rd comic the most, not as much the 1st and 4th. But maybe more of an imbetween of the two?

Really? For some reason, the skin colors seemed to be a bit more greyish in those middle two, and I can't understand why. I think it might be Tom's shirt, since the two colors are right next to one another. Who knows.

You are getting a bit better in certain parts of the computer picture editing. Though it seems like you are using paint, with severly reduces the quality (So... Much... Fuzz? What do you call it :p)

Yeah, in the third comic, I spent a day on clean up, trying to get out the stray pixels from the lines. I dunno if it's worked, but no one's really compared those lines to other comics lines. Could someone please do that for me?

The text boxes aren't bad, but how you connect them looks bad. It really ruinds the general appearance. Sometimes it's the small things that really count.

If you've got a better idea, please gimme gimme :D I really don't have any other ideas, aside from just moving them closer together to make the lines not reach as much. Or just using a single line to connect bubble to bubble.

DAMNIT WOMAN! WHAT DID WE SAY ABOUT EATING THE SUPERHEROES?! - Lmao. That made me laugh. Yet again same humor as CtrlAltDlt, but I like that humor.

Actually, that's MY sense of humor. Remember the old GH comics, before there was a site? They were ALL about the punch line. And the senseless violence >D GOD, I love the senseless violence.

Well, I got bored with only doing the writing for GH and the text, and also the lack of my punchline senseless violence style humor. It's going to show in the GH comic later, yeah, but I can't get to that just yet :(

Those are just some of my opinions. I meant them to be more constructive then insulting. I hope they helped in some small way.

Eh, they all help somehow :) When it's not something stupid like "OMFG, YOU SUCK, BITCH!" Thanks.

Hehe, you middle name is Edgar :D I have a principle whos last name was that, I hated him. But anyways...

Edgar Allen Poe :p Duh :rolleyes:

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Really? For some reason, the skin colors seemed to be a bit more greyish in those middle two, and I can't understand why. I think it might be Tom's shirt, since the two colors are right next to one another. Who knows.

I dunno. After I made the post I thought about it, and ended up editing sayiong something else, but by that time you had already quoted it. It's not the perfect skin color (4th one) But I guess if I had to choose I would pick the 4th. I guess I was just thinking of the first comic, which had a horrid skin color.

Yeah, in the third comic, I spent a day on clean up, trying to get out the stray pixels from the lines. I dunno if it's worked, but no one's really compared those lines to other comics lines.

Ah, that would probably take time. You did a much better job on the 3rd and 4th, compared to the 1st and 2nd. What I was referring to was by using Paint the image doesn't really save in a good quality, around the text it's messed up. Sorry I can't help, because I myself am not great. Also by using paint, your text bozes are not smooth, but I think the work is "Pixelated". The diagonal is so... Pointy :p Yest again an affect of Paint :(

Actually, that's MY sense of humor. Remember the old GH comics, before there was a site? They were ALL about the punch line. And the senseless violence >D GOD, I love the senseless violence.

Senceless violence is good :D No matter where it's from, I don't think it's a waste of my time to keep updated on these comics.

Eh, they all help somehow :) When it's not something stupid like "OMFG, YOU SUCK, BITCH!" Thanks.

Don't give me ideas :D Glad I am of some help though.

Edgar Allen Poe :p Duh :rolleyes:

Of course! How could I forget that :D Everyone knows your middle name is Edgar Allen Poe :cool:

Keep them coming :D :D :D

Edit: Oh ya. I forgot that I think the text could be a bit better. Is that because of paint? Just my thoughts, I never liked that text in a comic.

From looking at your work, you seem to be more confortable in Paint, which makes sence. But perhaps make the Boxes and text in photoshop, the rest in whatever you feel the best with. It will just come out a better wuality IMO

DM Cross

Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
I dunno. After I made the post I thought about it, and ended up editing sayiong something else, but by that time you had already quoted it. It's not the perfect skin color (4th one) But I guess if I had to choose I would pick the 4th. I guess I was just thinking of the first comic, which had a horrid skin color.

Yeah, I didn't even realize it wasn't greenish until after I had finished it -.- So I said screw it, I'll make more and fix it. Actually, Krys, the photoshopper for Goth's High has a notebook with color codes for all the colors of this or that. The coats are XXXXXXXX, etc, etc. I might do that, too :D Ctrl Alt Del and most other comics I read online are all very consistant.

Ah, that would probably take time. You did a much better job on the 3rd and 4th, compared to the 1st and 2nd. What I was referring to was by using Paint the image doesn't really save in a good quality, around the text it's messed up. Sorry I can't help, because I myself am not great. Also by using paint, your text bozes are not smooth, but I think the work is "Pixelated". The diagonal is so... Pointy :p Yest again an affect of Paint :(

Yeah, I do the text in Paint, but everything else is done in Photoshop Elements. I just haven't gotten around to trying out the boxes and shit Photoshop offers, which I'll do for the fifth comic... When I think of one :D LOL!

Senceless violence is good :D No matter where it's from, I don't think it's a waste of my time to keep updated on these comics.

Aw, thank you :p You so sweet.

Of course! How could I forget that :D Everyone knows your middle name is Edgar Allen Poe :cool:

I got Edgar from Edgar Allen Poe, ya twit. Seth is just one of my favorite names that I've never used on a character. So I use it for myself. Cericus is just something I came up with. And Edgar is after my poetry-idol.

Edit: Oh ya. I forgot that I think the text could be a bit better. Is that because of paint? Just my thoughts, I never liked that text in a comic.

From looking at your work, you seem to be more confortable in Paint, which makes sence. But perhaps make the Boxes and text in photoshop, the rest in whatever you feel the best with. It will just come out a better wuality IMO

Believe it or not, the coloring is all done in Photoshop. I haven't gotten into shading just yet (Ctrl Alt Del started out with shading. Suicide For Hire wasn't even in color! Neither was Sinfest! :eek: Little tidbits of info for ya...) However, when I do get into shading, then you'll probably notice it was done in Photoshop a bit better :)

For the most part, I just do Text in Paint, usinc the Comic Sans text... Like I said above, with the fifth one, I'll try out Photoshops text stuff.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
To....Many.....Quotes

I like that super hero comic thing, did you get Nitro G from G Girl in "My Super Ex Girlfriend"?

DM Cross

Reaction score
kc102 said:
To....Many.....Quotes

I like that super hero comic thing, did you get Nitro G from G Girl in "My Super Ex Girlfriend"?

No, Nitro G was one of the superhero gimmicks from Who Wants to be a Superhero... It's a reality show from the Sci-Fi channel, hosted by the famous comic artist Stan Lee.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Like with the most recent GH comic, I plan on using Photoshop to do Text Bubbles and whatnot from now on... But! For the moment, I am scannerless -.- My parents aren't home and the scanner's hooked up to my mother's work laptop, which is password protected... Gah!

Anyway. Since I can't give ya's a brand new comic, I figure I can give ya a sneak peek at the sketch art, which is only visible on a computer because I have a webcam :D

Please ignore the bad quality, and the fact that there's next :rolleyes:

Issue005Preview.jpg

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Seth said:
Issue three... Of what?

I still don't know what to call it -.-

Issue003-CT.jpg

LoL, I was tempted to laugh.. but I just smiled.. :p.

Should make this into some kind of series "The Abusive Art of Seth" :p.

~Jindo

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ok... So I scanned in the fourth issue of this

Except, when I was photoshopping it yesterday -.- Something got horribly fucked up, and I would have had to start over. Stupid me didn't save after cleaning up the damn thing, either, so I'm back at square one... 90 minutes worth of work, down the Goddamned tube...

Needless to say, I'm not exactly in the MOOD to touch photoshop right now -.- However, I shall hopefully have it done by Friday.

Just to keep you all up-to-date on this, I guess.

And now, thanks to Halo :D I've got the name.

Simply put...

Sick and Twisted :cool: :shades: Short, sweet and VERY to the point >D

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
The Helper said:
The funny thing is I know Gerrod - I used to work with him at Humanside International in Houston a few years back and he told me the Subway Sandwich story. He must of told that story to the right person to land the spokesperson gig. At least I can say I know someone famous LOL.

He came to my town to speak to people a year and a half or so back. Well, he came to my school and everyone was crammed in the gym, and as soon as he came through the door someone yelled, "FATASS!". Shoulda seen the look on his face :D
Anyways, he just talked about how he got so huge he could hardly walk, and he moved in next to a Subway, and he lost weight by eating a turkey sub and a veggie sub each day, along with walking...or something. The school actually started selling turkey and veggie 6-inch subs after that :p

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Ahoy..

Quick, uncomplicated and reasonably funny.

Need I say more?

DM Cross

Reaction score
I wish my school sold 6-inch subs -.-

Then again, 6 inch subs = six year old food. Go with the 10 inch subs :cool: :shades: Turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato with onions, extra mayo and some ... Sauce thing. Forget the name of it.

MM... Subs...

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Seth said:
Then again, 6 inch subs = six year old food. Go with the 10 inch subs :cool: :shades:
Are those just like the foot long subs only with two inches cut off? :p

And the food is insanely over-priced. Kinda because I live on the border of the ghetto and a wealthier area, and go to the wealthy area school. /sigh

Five small, partly frozen chicken nuggets : 1.50
One carton of warm milk : .75
Realizing that you have a higher education than the cafeteria workers : Priceless.

No I shouldn't say that. It's mean :p

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Seth said:
I wish my school sold 6-inch subs -.-

Then again, 6 inch subs = six year old food. Go with the 10 inch subs :cool: :shades: Turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato with onions, extra mayo and some ... Sauce thing. Forget the name of it.

MM... Subs...

HA! Foot long's ftw. :D

:p

Btw: I hate Jared. All they do is bash McDonald's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.