Siege weapons behaviour; attack-ground

Reaction score
[partially solved] Siege weapons behaviour; attack-ground

Has anyone found out how to replicate the catapults attack behavior from WC3?
It seems like all attacks are auto-targeted and the lack of an attack-ground ability concerns me.

Update:
Unit -> Weapon -> Effect -> Mover has some intricacies about how the movement animation is carried. Changing Motion Phases -> Driver to Parabola and tweaking the settings gives it the catapult look. Attacks are still auto-targeted though.

Guess it would be possible to create invisible dummy units, add splash damage and have the attack done by triggers. Seems like a huge workaround for such a simple case, though.

Update:
Changing Motion Phases -> Driver to Ballistic removes auto-targeting.

Arkless

Reaction score
Has anyone found out how to replicate the catapults attack behavior from WC3?
It seems like all attacks are auto-targeted and the lack of an attack-ground ability concerns me.

Update:
Unit -> Weapon -> Effect -> Mover has some intricacies about how the movement animation is carried. Changing Motion Phases -> Driver to Parabola and tweaking the settings gives it the catapult look. Attacks are still auto-targeted though.

Guess it would be possible to create invisible dummy units, add splash damage and have the attack done by triggers. Seems like a huge workaround for such a simple case, though.

If I were you I'd try to look into the seeker missile data since it can target ground (I think) and also uses a missile.

Reaction score
@Arkless:

I was unable to find a way to make the Raven's seeker missiles able to target ground. However, I found that their ability is more fitting for my purpose than using the whole parabola ordeal. Thanks, =)

I'll use dummy units until I can figure out Attack-Ground.

Arkless

Reaction score
@Arkless:

I was unable to find a way to make the Raven's seeker missiles able to target ground. However, I found that their ability is more fitting for my purpose than using the whole parabola ordeal. Thanks, =)

I'll use dummy units until I can figure out Attack-Ground.

I am truly sorry for not giving you a correct answere, so I tested it myself.
It seems like the possible targets are listed under "Art - Impact Location" in the launch missile effect.
Thought you still have to specify possible targets in the ability itself or you cannot select the ground (for the seeker missile its enabled).

I hope at least this answere will helpt you :) .

Reaction score
That's alright. The seeker missile ability was very helpful for me.

Right now I just need to be able to disable weapon's auto-targetting and I'll be all set.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.