Signatures

Mind

Reaction score
Darg said:
oops, sorry, from the words of The Helper:

"Signatures are enabled for admins and hosted mappers only."

This is ludicrous: Signatures do not take much space at all, while avatars, which are enabled to ordinary members, take a significant amount of space.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Mind, go hug a tree :D

But, perhaps, if you fully come back here and begin another truly awesome map as good as your Life in Lordaeron, you might become a hosted mapper.

The idea, and I personally don't see your problem, is that what do they do with fools who have seizure-inducing gifs in their sigs or ones that are simply too big? I suppose they COULD limit it by saying no images or something, but eh well, that is their own decision. As far as I know, I'm content with my position, because all I put is links in my sig.

P.S. 10 KB is not much space for an avatar.

Mind

Reaction score
Unfortunately, after completing Life in Lordaeron, nearly all my inspiration was depleted.

Rinpun said:
P.S. 10 KB is not much space for an avatar.

That is still a considerable amount more than the space a signature requires.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
That so? That's a real shame :(

Correct, but only if those using signatures are not idiots (not to say that those who don't have them are idiots). If you use a gif image in your signature, it will be at least 5 times bigger size-wise than an avatar. I do see reason in putting links and such in your signature, but if unlocked to the new members, they might easily put useless things in it.

...The idea is that avatars are supposed to represent the useless bits of information that you want to show, not your signature, which should have a more professional look. Of course, there are those who do the opposite, and there are also those who want to look professional in both signature and avatar. And finally, there are those who want to have meaningless things in both Avatar and Signature and it is those people who waste precious space.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I think we should leave how much space and bandwidth is being used up to TH and the other Administrators. They'lld ecide if they need to retract signatures or avatars if it's taking to much space.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
...People, hosted mappers are trusted with signatures because TH and the other admins have faith that we've got the brains not to do something stupid...Like...Putting a 1000000X100000 image in there! -.- So I really don't see what the big deal is.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The space signatures take up have nothing to do with the reason why only admins and hosted mappers have them enabled. I never said space was an issue - I wonder what made you think it was?

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Although I am not a special member (yet) can't you at least trust special members with sigs? Just an idle question.

DM Cross

Reaction score
This is just speculation, but I think that as Hosted Mappers get an extra feature or two (as TH or an Admin thinks of something) Special Members will also gain a few things, such as signatures. However, I doubt if regular members will ever get this, since regular members are not chosen, they merely join up. But that's just a thought that I've had for awhile.

Lol, signatures will be hand-me-downs! :D

Mind

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
If you use a gif image in your signature, it will be at least 5 times bigger size-wise than an avatar. I do see reason in putting links and such in your signature, but if unlocked to the new members, they might easily put useless things in it.

Images in signatures, of course, must be forbidden.

The Helper said:
The space signatures take up have nothing to do with the reason why only admins and hosted mappers have them enabled. I never said space was an issue - I wonder what made you think it was?

I'm waiting for a clarification, then.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Think about it... If everyone had a signiture, the page would be longer. TSome people would have longer ones, and if you are reading an interesting thread, it would be annoying to scoll down a lot, always looking at signitures. It's hard to limit signatures because it limits charaters and imagesize usually, not amount of space it takes on the actual forum.

If someone had a sig like this:

I
Once
Went
To
The
Fridge
To
Get
The
Apple.

I would be annoying as hell. Signatures is just another thing for administrators to look after. I think :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Let us remember that this is from MAY OF LAST YEAR, please?

Mind's not even AROUND anymore.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Sorry, I just saw it was in the New Post list and saw no one had answered it fully. My mistake. Please forgive me m'lord.

But I hope that helped ;)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Special Members should get sigs IMO.

Because, SM's become SM's because they get rep, for helping, or making good maps. Therefore they should be able to post about the maps in there sig.

Just my 2 cents ( just no images, those suck ).

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Like TH said before, space is not an issue, because you can turn off sigs. :banghead:

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
And DDR, SM's get Custom Titles, so if they got Sigs as well... Lil too much IMO.

J

joscpe

Well, what about Avitars? the reqirements are really small, I have an avitar and its 250X250 and its 11KB, I shrunk it to 100X100 to meet requirements and it went to 52KB. So I couldnt upload it....

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score

Because Sigs are annoying. The picture ones are. I fully agree with TH on this one.

(Nobody say anything about me making people free sigs whenever I get the chance).

J

joscpe

I don't see why people think picture signatures are so annoying, I like seeing what people can create. Like I have created many sigs....
JoscpeSig.jpg

decapatatersig.gif

SmashEd-Sig.gif

I have made more but they either sucked or I lost them... The Avitar I would like to have that I created is
Joscpe.jpg

I dont get why the size of the file is bigger when the size (width/length) is smaller...

I still say sigs and avitars should be alowd, I meen almost all boards have them enabled....

lmao, i just remembered... I have an old account on here, it is the decapatater one. LOL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.