Silencing individual combat sounds

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
I'm planning a custom block/dodge/miss/parry/etc system in my map. When blocked or parried, some kind of clung is to be heard and obviously, when an attack is dodged or it misses, no sound should play. This is my problem. How could I mute single sound effects not created by triggers? I've not much experience when it comes to sounds. I tried to set combat volume to 0% and immediately back to 100% in hopes of silencing the one attack which fires the trigger, but it didn't work.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Perhaps giving the unit no sound and only firing the block and parry sounds could be an option?

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
But wouldn't it mean no on-hit sound will be played either? I guess it's plausible. If I triggered each clang, clung and magical poof generated by combat, it would mean I could toggle between various weapon sounds, but it involves a whole lot triggering. Not entirely sure I'm up for the task. But a good suggestion nonetheless.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
well it would entail 2 triggers.
1 to set sounds to variables and another to play them on "Unit is attacked" and check which action occurs

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
How about different projectiles with impact sounds? Would I need to store them into variables as well?

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Remember you can't edit any data in the object editor from the trigger editor so I'm not sure that you can switch projectile types.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could make a trigger with an event for each unit type attacking to play an attack sound, if you cant use unit type in an event just add event unit takes damage generic event (u do this by creating a trigger that whenever a unit enters the map you add the event (triggering unit takes damage) to the trigger you are using to create the sounds) then check what unit type the damage source is and play a sound based on that

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.