Health 'Silent' heart attacks more common than thought

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Although many people think of a heart attack as a painful, sometimes fatal event, there are some heart attacks that go entirely unnoticed.
Some people may have had heart attacks without knowing it, studies show.

Undiagnosed, or "silent," heart attacks affect nearly 200,000 people in the United States annually. As many as 40 to 60 percent of all heart attacks are unrecognized, studies show.

By definition, a heart attack usually happens when a clot gets in the way of blood flow from a coronary artery to the heart. This may cause symptoms such as severe chest pain, shortness of breath, fainting and nausea. Anyone who believes that he or she is having a heart attack should seek emergency medical attention.

But sometimes a heart attack is not painful, or the person experiencing it does not recognize the symptoms as heart-related, so he or she does not go to a hospital for treatment.

More

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I'm sure to be getting one of those one day.

20 years old.
No regular exercise(except about 10hours of computer activity per day).
2 liters of pepsi consumed each day, mostly junkfood to eat aswell.

It's bound to happen someday:( I hope you don't live as I do people, it is unhealthy and stupid:thdown:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
So... are silent heart attacks as deadly? /me is too lazy to click the article link.

>2 liters of pepsi consumed each day
Sweet Jesus. Not even my stepsister (who drinks dominantly Pepsi) can do that. Not without getting in huge trouble, at least. She has dental problems (probably the mass Pepsi).

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
2 liters of pepsi consumed each day
Lightweight :p
My brother's friend regularly drinks 6 litres of Coke a day. I shit you not.

I should probably change my diet... I eat way too much red meat, very few vegetables and get very little excercise. I don't eat much junk food though, but I do over-eat (though I'm not overweight).

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Oh, nevermind. I was thinking of the 2-liter bottles. 1-liters are easy. I hate Pepsi, anyway. Coke too.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> I hate Pepsi, anyway. Coke too.
Me too.

I don't think I'm in much risk of heart attack.
Though I do get the odd feeling that I'm the only one who isn't on a... 'Strange' diet. =|

(I do love my meat though)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Lightweight :p
My brother's friend regularly drinks 6 litres of Coke a day. I shit you not.

I should probably change my diet... I eat way too much red meat, very few vegetables and get very little excercise. I don't eat much junk food though, but I do over-eat (though I'm not overweight).

LOL, oh my god. Please don't tell me your calling people lightweight for pepsi/coke. :p

ALCOHOL = FTW (its hard for me sometimes though, because im like a mediumweight or heavyweight, so i gotta take a lot :O)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
crap, i hope i dont have this problem... i get shortness of breath quite often where i feel like im having a panic attack for 2 seconds then a quick but weird feeling pressure in my chest. sometimes it happens frequently, other times it happens less often.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
crap, i hope i dont have this problem... i get shortness of breath quite often where i feel like im having a panic attack for 2 seconds then a quick but weird feeling pressure in my chest. sometimes it happens frequently, other times it happens less often.
If you're under 14, I wouldn't worry.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Silent heart attacks you can't feel that don't kill you? awesome, can't wait until they discover invisible cancer that causes no harm or a strain of the aids virus that lets you live out the entirety of your life without hindrance.

Death or it didn't happen.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get quite a bit of exercise. I go skateboarding for about 4 hours after school everyday. My diet isn't that healthy, but I should be ok for another few years :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.