Skill levels up, should decrease casting time: doesn't

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you cant replace one ability with another this way, blizzard will never become stormbolt.

if you have read the thread he just wants to replace one ability with an exact copy of it with less casting time.

@leazy:
should work for all abilities but some item abilities as far as i remember. (like dmg + and hp/mp + and such)

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hm, when I look at the engineering spell and the list where the spells are listed I can only pick hero skills though?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
screw this!

it really does only work for hero abilities.

geez, i guess the best solution for you is to just trigger the whole casting time thingy and sent blizzard a big bad hate e-mail fully loaded with a threat to life or physical condition for their miserable work on this awesome game...

Leazy

Reaction score
I tried using engineering upgrade, but it doesn't work either =\

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Then, it seems impossible without A. making an entirely different ability for each level and swapping them out with each other, or B. using an entirely different mechanic such as making each hero instead have a dummy channeled spell which refunds its mana cost immediately (in order to still allow it to show mana cost yet not actually deduct the mana until the "real" spell initiates), then adds and orders the unit to cast the real spell upon successful completion of the channeled duration.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@weep:
but the problem is he wants to keep the current cooldown of the skills, he cannot just swap them, seems impossible for me.

Leazy

Reaction score
Yeah, I just removed the spell and added something else :)

DioD

Reaction score
1) Channel
2) Only 1 levels spells (casting time is not value you want, you want start effect after)
3) Dummycast actual spell
4) ???
5) PROFIT

Leazy

Reaction score
Thanks for the extraordinary explanation. If you use channel and actually channel the ability, the unit will ''start the effect of an ability'' at same second it starts to channel the ability, if that is what you mean?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not to test it?

all needed information included in my post above.

how about you testing out that stuff as well, because what leazy said is absolutely right.
the event "units starts the effect of an ability" will trigger when the ability is casted. but he wants this trigger to fire after a certain casting time.

the event "unit finishes casting an ability" cannot be used either because then there wouldnt be any "target point of ability being cast" he could use.

one possibility would be to use 2 events, "unit starts the effect of an ability" would save the target location inside a variable "unit finishs casting an ability" would then use the saved location, still the cooldowns wouldnt trigger right.
but thats essentially what i said when i mentioned he would have to trigger the casting time himself.

besides, your post above is hardly understandable. it took my alot of time and i am still unsure of what exactly you were trying to tell us.

MiddleHanded

Reaction score
it's probably not something to do with the trigger, but with the skills/spells themselves.

try setting casting time/channeling time/some time to 0.01 or 0.1

[Edit] Ok I'm not really sure if I'm still on topic or if I posting something really horribad but I didn't know there was already page 2 and 3 so don't step all over me just cause I posted something stupid...

DioD

Reaction score
Learn to do something self.

saving casting unit to some variable is not issue at all.

JASS:
globals

unit AZZX = null

endglobals

function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_002_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    if GetTriggerEventId() == EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT then
        set AZZX = GetSpellTargetUnit()
    else
        call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), GetUnitName(AZZX) )
        call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "WOW IT TRIGGER AFTER CASTING, TRY TO INTERRUPT FOR TEST (PRESS S)" )
    endif
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_002 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_FINISH )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_002_Actions )
endfunction

Attachments

• chargeup.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 175
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.