Smaller Map...

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I woneder if you can make a map smaler... When I tries to host it it stands "The map is to big to be hosted"...

How can I make it smaler?

And why is it to big? Is it to manny importeded files, to manny codes?

Thanks if you can help me...

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The max map size is 4 mb, you can't host anything larger than that. Try getting rid of some of your excess imports.

Okay... is BTN smaller than tga? Cuse I have alot of imported icons and modells... and I would like if I dont have to get rid of them...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Just make the map single player?

Or, replace a coupple of models with skins. Or protect your map.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Hmm. You could go to W3C3 and get the MDX Squisher. It can help some. There's also a BLPalleter that can reduce skins(?) and icons.

Don't worry about code length. It takes next to nothing.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Okay... is BTN smaller than tga? Cuse I have alot of imported icons and modells... and I would like if I dont have to get rid of them...

Music is the largest import size, more often than not. If you don't have music, the next largest size is models. Then comes skins, then imported images (like loading screens, map previews, and icons). That's the order that you should reduce the amount of imports you have, because you have to get rid of less if you get one large file from the top of the list.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
^I find skins often take up more room than the models (Than again, I don't go out for the 400kb models). I'd reduce the texture size on the textures if you can, followed by removing unnecessary animations on imported models.

Mp3s/Wavs don't get compressed in the w3x, which is why they take up so much room (textures/models take up about 1/2 than listed)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.