Snow, oh snow!

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I wish it wouldn't snow in my area. We get too much, and everything gets so messy.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I love snow somewhat. I like it when it snows a lot and I still have internet connection. But I hate it when it snows a lot and I lose internet connection. You kind of find out how boring being at home really is, without internet. Which now I understand why some people read for fun.

But I wouldn't mind losing internet when there is a snow storm and I just happen to have some special girl in the house. If you know what I mean. But that would never happen. I have such horrible luck with girls that I know I'll never get a girlfriend. OMG, I'm already depressed about my love life. That shouldn't happen until February.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Lol beautiful snow
only a year ago I was 20km away from snow 70% off the year
now the chances off it snow is like 0.10 lol chances off a good lightning storm 90% lol

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So yea.

Up to date we got 13 ft (3.9624 meters) of snow since the beginning of the winter. If you are wondering what it means, well it means that from your bedroom's window, up there, you can't even look at the street because there is too much snow. Or even at the opposite house's front door. I won't even mention the view from the street...

And it's still falling. In fact, there is a meteorological (spelling?) alert for yet another snow storm soon enough, the 4th of this winter.

Luv Snow!... not.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> from your bedroom's window, up there, you can't even look at the street because there is too much snow
Oh, that would be a like a dream come true for me!
Especially considering I live in a first floor flat. :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dream come true until you're forced to go outside, take your shovel, and have fun almost every day...!

:)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Exactly my point - you get to dig tunnels, holes, traps, or, hell, just watch the whiteness.
Yeah...I don't see snow too often. :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Problem is, you must first get rid of all that snow lying into your entrance, or whatever it's called. (entranceway?)

1 meter (~3.2808399 feet :p) of snow isn't that easy to get rid of!

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Depends. Some snow cant do a thing and some is great. We have a equal amount of each season here, we allways get snow in the winter, how much depends.

Some snow is flaky and dry, just a big pile of dust wich is good for nothing. You cant make snowballs, snowmen, tunnels, or anything, not even good sledding.

Some snow is wet and sticks together and makes good packing snow wich is good for a lot of things. When we get THIS kind of snow, I love it. Other people do shoveling not me, too..

One fun thing I like to do with good rolling snow (Make a ball and roll it along and it will pick it up like a carpet :eek:) is make big bolders at the top of the hill and roll them down, they pick up speed and roll along really fast before they fall apart.

The sledding on our hill is often great, too.

In total, I like snow. But all white and coldness gets boring after awhile, winter seems to last a bit to long.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I never experienced snow.. I live on a tropical country.. It's sad that we only have 2 seasons here, summer and rainy season..

D

Detergent

I'm in New Brunswick, Canada and we have lots of snow here.
We've have had something like four days off school because of weather recently.:)
However now it's been warming up and we have been getting freezing rain,
which isn't any fun as it causes my basement to flood.:mad:

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
I live in Massachusetts and I love snow just because I love to ski everywhere (tremblant is the only place in canada I have ever gone although I want to go to whistler) but the ironic thing is I cant wait until summer because im almost as obsessed with golf as I am skiing

duyen

Reaction score
Well, we didn't even have school this week, so I didn't really care.

Problem is, you must first get rid of all that snow lying into your entrance, or whatever it's called. (entranceway?)

You sound like you have a fun life!

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

They call it driveway :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another Snow Storm here!

Every year or so about 2 days off school are planned because of meteorological conditions, but this year they had to close high school about 6 times, and it might be even more, and college 3. Same for University. (Here College != University, it's "before") There have been a total of 11 snow storms this season.

We're nearing the 4 meters (13.1233596 feet) of snow... :p

It's not that high in streets since it melted, snowed, melted, and so on, but at some places it's really that high and even more! :eek:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
same. snow storm here too. Had to shovel it all, and my city is out of salt, so you can do anyrthing about the snow that melted and is now ice.

Nearly fell like 20 times shovelling. But i got the day off school. :)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> same. snow storm here too. Had to shovel it all, and my city is out of salt, so you can do anyrthing about the snow that melted and is now ice.

Get a snow-plough or whatever it's called. :rolleyes: (Blower?)

It's costy though...

Off-topic: > - Drizzt Do'Urdan

Hey, isn't it Do'Urden?:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.