So, how long will WE be in the "mood"?

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I would like to know...so far WE is doing well...but is any other programm going to remove WE and it's maps sooner or later?

M

Mini-Me

If you download a virus on to your computer it will remove not only your WE and all your maps but everything else in your computer too... :D

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Eh... do you mean something like: "When will people stop making maps for Warcraft 3"?
Well, a Starcraft 2 or Warcraft 4 would most likely have a big impact. (Or any Blizzard game, but they're not the fastest, so don't worry. =P)

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
yep...now that WoW is so big and active Blizzard barley has time to do anything but worry about WoW. Which im ok with as long as sometime in the next 2 years they make a new Warcraft Something...

B

bugi_bi

blizzard has plans...he stated thoose plans and i belive they will stick to it..
SC: 2 is not their next project..
its SC:Ghost ...
if i remember well after tht comes diablo 3 or SC 2.....
starcraft maps were made until w3 came...i mean they slowly dissapeared...as warcraft3 was coming in...
wa3 is full of possibilities...its a whole god damn engine use and mod...
the thing is 99% of people remake maps or use standard ideas...
i would like to see exact copy of super mario in warcraft...

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Starcraft: Ghost isn't Starcraft 2. It's like saying Ultima Tennis 2002 is a sequel to Pong :rolleyes:

M

Mini-Me

if i remember well after tht comes diablo 3 or SC 2.....
There will never be sc2, wc4 or d3. Dont say your dreams as facts...

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
There may be a sc2 but I highly doubt of a wc4 or d3, didn't the whole of the diablo team leave blizzard?

V

VG Emblem

There will NEVER be a WarCraft 4. Never. Blizzard has seen the light, there is no point in making a WarCraft 4. You know why? Because World of WarCraft ruined everything. It's quite simple, actually.

WoW is an MMO, little strategy, more socializing, less skill involved to play. This means that more people are attracted to it. Why would you play a game that's completely skill-based when you can play WarCraft themed AIM? I certainly like strategy, but most people don't. So there you have it, more people play WoW than any other Blizzard strategy game. AND to add on to that, those people pay $15 a month. So why in the WORLD would Blizzard make a WarCraft 4? It would never even make a fraction of the money WoW does. Blizzard struck it rich, they don't give a crap anymore about what the fans want; they don't have to. The only way they would possibly make another RTS is if they start charging people $15 a month to play on Bnet. :rolleyes:

So there you have it, mankind's inherent stupidity has ruined something great yet again.[/bitter]

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I agree Wow killed warcraft, diablo and starcrafts small chances at any come backs, though I would say there is a bit more skill in making a good char (or atleast using whaty ou got well) then what you mention, but I'd have loved for it to be held out a bit longer so that warcraft could have a few more heroes or units made. :(

L

LedZepplin

Blizzard realeased earlier this year that by as soon as 2009 there is plans for World of Starcraft and World of Diablo.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Ok.

WC4 is never comming out.

SC: ghost is a closed project.

They already confermed a D3.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
It'll keep going until Blizz brings out a new RTS which will most likely have a Map editor with it IMO.

funkmaster37

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone knows wat the chances of bnet coming to an end is? or how long you guys actually think war3 can still hang in there relying only on the loyal fans who dont change to wow.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm never going to abandon WE, until i get a job :p

i have Wow with about 2 months membership thingy, but i don't play it because i think its kinda crap...

its definately not worth paying for. I prefer Warcraft 3 like CRAZY :D

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
This is like a DOOMSDAY thread. Man :p

Like there WONT be this, only THIS will be out.

But if you ask me... Screw doomsday ;)

Like really, just because WoW is their biggest game ever, doesn't mean that they will never develop further games.

It's like saying a company sells more PC only product, so they stop selling anything else, just that one product for the PC.

Thats just messed up. They won't blank themselves from the world to live their richest dreams in WoW. They will do a lot of it in WoW, but they will also dance around with the other games.

It's also like saying McDonalds will only sell the fries because it makes the most money (Just a non-factual example) but that is a good comparison, in a way.

There isn't no doomsday planned, yet. Don't say there WONT be this, or WONT be that. There may be a Warcraft IIII in the future, long after your dead so... Stfu :D

Have a rainy day ;)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> So why in the WORLD would Blizzard make a WarCraft 4?
maybe...just maybe they'll eventually decide to make a wc4, but rather for fun than to earn money. though at the point they decide to do this the company would probably need to be richer than bill gates.
from my point of view atm we would be more than lucky to see another good patch for wc3 - like the ones that gave us firelord, tinker, alchemist etc.
seeing some more editor functions would also be nice, but only seems to be possible in a dream. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.