Some questions about doodads

LoveTD's

Reaction score
1. Is it possibe to rescale a selected group of doodads without having to re-arrange every piece to make it look good again?

2. is it possible to change the rotation of a entire group of doodads without having to re-arrange every piece again?

I'm using UTM and I created a big castle and want to rescale it, copy, paste and change the rotation of it :(

is that possible without having to create 4 entirely new castles?

I'm hoping for a solution, but I think there is none :(

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
By Rescale you mean? Make it bigger? or relocate them? To make it bigger, just click and select a bunch of the same doodad, then just double click on one, and you can increase the scale I believe, you may not be able to

2. Yes, just group select as I said above, double click, and then change the rotation

Is the Big Castle a building? if it is, you can only change the scale, if not, then you can change all of that

LoveTD's

Reaction score
I think you've missunderstood :)

UTM = Ultimate Terraining Map
it uses a lot of custom doodads
with these custom doodads pro's create lots of awesome terrain :thup:

Changing the Z index, roll/pitch angles etc... To create something as one complete doodad.

Now when I select a group of doodads which are supposed to be 1 building.
I can not double click and resize them all because if I would then some of the doodads inside that selected group will have a different scale compared to others.
Which means that if I would create a castle made out of about 200 doodads, selected all those doodads and resized them...
About 150 of the 200 doodads would have a strange size compared to the other 50.

For example:

I have created 4 doodads with the following scales:
y:200
x:200
z:200

I have also created 2 doodads in the middle of these 4 doodads and then
changed its location to "attach" to each other:
y:120
x:120
z:120

now lets say I select those 6 doodads and want to resize them to 60% of their original height and width...
what you'd think I do is this: select all 6 doodads and change it to:
y:60
x:60
z:60

This would change the 2 doodads to 60-60-60 and the 4 doodads also to 60-60-60 instead I wouldve wanted:
4 doodads:

2 doodads:

now lets say I would change all the values of all my doodads manually shall we :)?

Whenever you change a doodads scale size, the doodad will stay on the same position.
However! If the scale of 200 doodads decrease to a certain amount that equals each other.

All the doodads would be in te same position but just smaller. Making the building as a complete doodad be entirely destroyed, unless you re-arrange every part to make it "attach" each other again.

I hope you undestand what I mean now :)
(if not I can also put in some screenshots to show you what I mean)

Now I was wondering if this can be fixed
And if this could also be fixed for the rotations

Anyone has ideas?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
no you cant. thats the reasons why only skillful and hardworking people release good looking terrains.

LoveTD's

Reaction score
it seems that I have found a solution for the rotation.
The other problem doesnt matter that much anymore. As long as one of the two got fixed I will continue creating my map :)

thnx for the help :D

solution to rotation:
edit -> Rotate Paste 90 CW or 90 CWW

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.