Some questions last things for my map!

Kebabnisse

Reaction score
Hello I'll try to explain good.

1. First question, how do I change experience on a unit?
What I mean is that you will earn different amount of experience when killing a unit by a Hero.
I will need it becouse I've made easy and harder monsters on my map.

2 Second question, my friend have made an arena wich it spawns monsters in and the monsters is walking around and looking for the heros as it should do. But theres a problem, the monsters attacks like 1-3 times and then they walk away to the first region. Can someone help me with that? I want the evil forces to not stop attacking.

3 Third question, after the arena the players will teleport back to where they were. I've looked on Angel Arena and tryed to copy with no succes. If you dont have a clue, it is that you should save the units position then "load" it or something and then teleport to it lol sry for bad english. x|

Well, thats all I guess.
Hope you can help me guys!!!

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
1. I suggest you use trigger for experience gain. Or else, you can go to "Gameplay Constants" and play around with the exp gain.

2. Hmm, maybe the box "Can Flee" in the object editor might stop this? I'm not too sure though, need someone to confirm this. If this doesn't work, best alternative would be by triggering.

3. Basically, you're trying to teleport the heroes back to their base or what? Just make a Point Array Variable and set it as your desired point. Move the heroes according to the player number or custom value (which you can set).

Kebabnisse

Reaction score
1. I suggest you use trigger for experience gain. Or else, you can go to "Gameplay Constants" and play around with the exp gain.

2. Hmm, maybe the box "Can Flee" in the object editor might stop this? I'm not too sure though, need someone to confirm this. If this doesn't work, best alternative would be by triggering.

3. Basically, you're trying to teleport the heroes back to their base or what? Just make a Point Array Variable and set it as your desired point. Move the heroes according to the player number or custom value (which you can set).

Ill take a look at gameplay constant.

I don't think they flee, it more think its becouse the trigger is an Order but how to i fix?;d

I dont want the hero to tp to the base, lready made that.
i want the hero to teleport back where they were, like if you've walked very long you will teleport back there. Becouse it would be very boring if you teleport back to town when u've gone so far lol

Dest

Reaction score
Advanced -> Gameplay Constant - insert something big, like 9999.0 below.

dist.jpg

dist2.jpg

For question 2. (;

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
#3 You have to save the heroes position before you teleport him into the arena. This way you can simply reset his position after the battle.

As Glenphir suggested you have to use a Location Array.
LocVarAr[PlayerNumberOfPlayer] = OldLocationOfHero

LoveTD's

Reaction score
2 Second question, my friend have made an arena wich it spawns monsters in and the monsters is walking around and looking for the heros as it should do. But theres a problem, the monsters attacks like 1-3 times and then they walk away to the first region. Can someone help me with that? I want the evil forces to not stop attacking.

would you mind posting your trigger if you have one? (copy as text and past between WC3 tags ;))

Kebabnisse

Reaction score
would you mind posting your trigger if you have one? (copy as text and past between WC3 tags ;))

I guess it is this:

Trigger:
  • Creep Order
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters MBSpawn West <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters MBSpawn East <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters MBSpawn North <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters MBSpawn South <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Random point in HeroMonsterBattle Arena <gen>)

LoveTD's

Reaction score
have you tryed making a trigger that orders like a few random creeps in the area to attack-move again? Maybe that helps :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.