Soul Ring

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Custom script: local real InitialMana

This creates a local variable to be used.

Trigger:
  • Custom script: set InitialMana = GetUnitStateSwap(UNIT_STATE_MANA, GetTriggerUnit())

This sets the local variable to the unit's current MP.

Trigger:
  • Custom script: set udg_TempReal = InitialMana

This sets the variable TempReal to the unit's MP before using the ring. We then use TempReal to compare with the unit's current MP.

Both TempReal and InitialMana are real variables.

TzalDadok

Reaction score
How I write these conditions:

(Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than TempReal

(Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than (TempReal + 150.00)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
(Mana of (Triggering unit)) = Mana of Unit which you click and add Triggering unit to Unit

the other part TempReal and (TempReal + 150.00) are different, thats a variable in arithmetic,
arithmetic will show up as 0.00 + 0.00 and you can click each of these to change them 0.00 can be any real number up to the hundredth place, or any real variable/function (including another arithmetic function)... + can be a +, -, x, or / which is plus, minus, times, or divide. Basically making a math equation.

not sure how advanced you are, but i was bored and figured i would explain that in more depth... :/

TzalDadok

Reaction score
Ok guys, finnally is working. This is the final Trigger. Thanks for helping :D

Trigger:
  • Soul Ring FUNC
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sacrifice
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 150.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing 1000000000.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - 150.00)
          • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + 150.00)
          • Set ITEM_SoulRing_InitialMana = (Mana of (Triggering unit))
          • Wait 10.00 seconds
          • Set ITEM_SoulRing_FinalMana = (Mana of (Triggering unit))
          • Set ITEM_SoulRing_ManaUsed = (ITEM_SoulRing_InitialMana - ITEM_SoulRing_FinalMana)
            • If - Conditions
              • ITEM_SoulRing_ManaUsed Less than 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) - 150.00)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ITEM_SoulRing_ManaUsed Less than 150.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set ITEM_SoulRing_Deduct = (150.00 - ITEM_SoulRing_ManaUsed)
                  • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) - ITEM_SoulRing_Deduct)
                • Else - Actions

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Many MUI solutions have already been offered.
If he does not use those, I am assuming he doesnt want it to be.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I used locals for that purpose. If he doesn't need them, then fine.

TzalDadok

Reaction score
The thing is I don't really understand. How it would be the last trigger I published with local variables?

GFreak45

Reaction score
if the trigger runs twice within the same time-period as the wait it will overwrite the variable for the first one, basically like this:
Trigger:
  • Example
    • Events
      • A unit dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitTypeVariable = Unit type of dying unit
      • Wait 60 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 UnitTypeVariable at center of map

if 2 units die and both are different types of units, at the end of that wait the unit created will only be 1 type, because the variable was changed before the actions were completed, thats what locals fix, they are local to that trigger run, so it cant be overwritten by another trigger

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
The way it is now, only one unit can use the Soul Ring at a time. If you used local variables, like in my example, then several units would be able to use Soul Rings without bugs.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
if the trigger runs twice within the same time-period as the wait it will overwrite the variable for the first one, basically like this:
Trigger:
  • Example
    • Events
      • A unit dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitTypeVariable = Unit type of dying unit
      • Wait 60 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 UnitTypeVariable at center of map

if 2 units die and both are different types of units, at the end of that wait the unit created will only be 1 type, because the variable was changed before the actions were completed, thats what locals fix, they are local to that trigger run, so it cant be overwritten by another trigger

i lil bit off topic, but doesn't dying unit survive waits too? so why owuld you want to place it in a unit varrible anyway when triggering unit works :p

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i lil bit off topic, but doesn't dying unit survive waits too? so why owuld you want to place it in a unit varrible anyway when triggering unit works :p

As far as i know dying unit does not survive a wait. The only thing i know which does is everything starting with "triggering XXX".
But the event "a unit dies" got triggering unit == dying unit anyways.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dying Unit doesn't survive waits, since that little Event Response taught me to use Triggering Unit whenever possible. Triggering Unit is pretty much a local variable, and in many unit events it takes the place of other Event Responses. Therefore Triggering Unit > Dying Unit.

Also GFreak's trigger was just to demonstrate the SUI of the OP's usage of globals, as compared to the MUI of using locals.

GFreak45

Reaction score

even if it stays you would use a variable because it is a function call, variable checks are more efficient, in jass you start a lotta functions that are part of triggers like this:
[ljass]local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()[/ljass]
so that you dont have to spam the GetTriggerUnit() function (triggering unit function)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.