Spawn Hero Using Region Combos

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
Spawn Hero Using Regions, Help

Ok here is what i would like to happen.

#1.
-I need 3 of the same unit to enter a regionand spawn a hero.
-there are 4 regions 1, 2, 3, 4.
-The 3 units can all go in the same region OR
-2 in one region and 1 into another OR
-all 3 in seperate regions.

-Essentially all is said and done i'll have enough combinations of regions to create 20 Heros.
#2.
-I need it so that each player can only spawn 1 hero.
-Also when a player's hero that is spawned dies it can't be ressurected/ revived.
-Different players can have same hero.
-oh yeah also i would like when the units go into the region(s), when they spawn the hero that they are destroyed.
#3.
-If the players hero does die they can set a combination up with the regions again to get the same hero at lvl 1 or a different one.

If you need to explain things step by step i can wait for each step to be explained. if you want i can test result before we go onto the next step.

please let me know what you guys think.

anymore info you need let me know.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
Hero is what i have.
-this is a setup for 3 units that spawn after i get 30 kills (1 unit per 10 kills).
-the 2 of the 2 units go to region 2 and 1 unit into region 1 triggers a spawn of the hero i set up to spawn.
-this combinations should spawn a hero but is not.
-i also would like the 3 units that have gone into regions to die/destroy/disapear from the game after creating the hero.

please show me where i need to change things for this to work.

Trigger:
  • Kill entering Units
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero 1 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero 2 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero 3 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Hero 4 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units in Hero 1 <gen>)) Equal to 1
      • (Number of units in (Units in Hero 2 <gen>)) Equal to 2
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Entering unit))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Saint for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of Red Base <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Kill (Entering unit)
        • Else - Actions

-UPDATE
-this will make 1 hero every time 2 units are in region 2.
-it dosnt care if there is a unit in region 1.
Trigger:
  • Kill entering Units
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Saint for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of Red Base <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions

UPDATE-
HELP!
thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hero is what i have.
-this is a setup for 3 units that spawn after i get 30 kills (1 unit per 10 kills).
-the 2 of the 2 units go to region 2 and 1 unit into region 1 triggers a spawn of the hero i set up to spawn.
-this combinations should spawn a hero but is not.
-i also would like the 3 units that have gone into regions to die/destroy/disapear from the game after creating the hero.

please show me where i need to change things for this to work.

Trigger:
  • Kill entering Units
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

-UPDATE
-this will make 1 hero every time 2 units are in region 2.
-it dosnt care if there is a unit in region 1.
Trigger:
  • Kill entering Units
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

UPDATE-
HELP!
thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

Put the code
Trigger:
  • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
    • Conditions

in your condition :)

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
Put the code
Trigger:
  • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
    • Conditions

in your condition :)

dose not work.
it spawns a hero every time 1 unit goes into region 1 and spawns a hero evertime a unit goes into region 2.

i need it so that when 1 unit goes into region one and 2 units into region 2 then and only then will a hero be spawn.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Trigger:

Quick question. When will the owner of the entering unit be anyone other than the owner of the entering unit? :p

Everytime a unit enters a region, add 1 to a variable. Everytime a unit leaves a region, take away 1 from the same variable.

Unit Enters Region 1
set integer = integer + 1

unit enters region 2
set integer2 = integer2 + 1

both should have actions similar to

if integer is equal to 1 and integer2 is equal to 2, then create the hero

then do something like

unit leaves region 1
set integer = integer - 1

unit leaves region 2
set integer2 = integer2 - 1

see where I'm going with this?

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
are you or anyone else able to post this as copied txt for triggers.

i dont really~~~~ understand.

i kinda do but i need to c it for sure to test.

thankyou so much for the help so far.

-UPDATE
ill try it.
sorry didnt read whole post.
UPDATE-

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
what should the array size be on the integers?

i dont know how to set it up like this.

Unit Enters Region 1
set integer = integer + 1

is this ok?
or how should i change it?

Trigger:
  • Region 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Region_1[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Region_1[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)

Trigger:
  • Region 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Region_2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Region_2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)

Trigger:
  • Create saint1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Region_1[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 1) and (Region_2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to 2)
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

Setharoth114

Reaction score
Okay, what I'm thinking you're trying to do is make it so that, depending on which regions you stand on and how many units you have standing on them determines what hero you get.

If thats the case, then what you have in the post above will work just fine. In the end you will have this:
two triggers for each of the four regions, making eight in total. One of these triggers will deal with entering the region, in which case it'll add one to the variable. The other trigger will subtract one from your variable when it detects a unit leaving the region.

Next, you'll have one trigger that, when it is set to run, determines how the variables line up with the possible heroes and then spawns them accordingly. This trigger is also on your post.

As for spawning only one hero, you could either kill the units you used to enter the regions when they enter them, or you could add a condition to your triggers that says "(Number of units owned by Owner of Entering unit (matching matching unit is a hero equal to true)) less then one." This system is better then killing the entering units because then you can get a new hero when your old one dies, which is also what you wanted.

Finally, if you don't add in any triggers that revive the heroes or any buildings that can revive the heroes, they won't revive, and I suppose you could remove them from the game when they die to get rid of that pesky icon in the corner of the screen.

Also, your players will be able to select the same hero unless you add in something that says they can't, so you're good in that area as well.

Hope that helped.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
kind helped but then again not at all.

i need to see what this stuff looks like please can someone post tags for me.

question:
1.what do the integer have to do with spawning the hero?
2.can i have the entering AND leaving actions be in the same trigger?

like this?
Trigger:
  • Region 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Region_2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Region_2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)
      • Set Region_2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Region_2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] - 1)

sorry for the dumbness.
i am a very hands on person.
not much for the words.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.
(picctures always help)

Setharoth114

Reaction score
Okay, I'll make the triggers for you and post them, but I won't be able to until tomorrow morning. And no, you can't do entering and leaving a region as the same trigger.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
cool that helps
LIKE THIS?
Trigger:
  • Region 1 entering
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero 1 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Region_1[0] = (Region_1[0] + 1)
        • Else - Actions

IS THIS RIGHT FOR LEAVING THE REGION?
AND
DO I NEED THE EVENTS, if so is it right?
if not what should it be changed to?
Trigger:
  • Region 1 leaving
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero 1 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Region_1[0] = (Region_1[0] - 1)
        • Else - Actions

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Setharoth114

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Enter Region A
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region A <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
      • Set A_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (A_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)

Trigger:
  • Leave Region A
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region A <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 1)
      • Set A_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (A_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 1)

Trigger:
  • Enter Region B
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region B <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
      • Set B_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (B_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)

Trigger:
  • Leave Region B
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region B <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Temp_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 1)
      • Set B_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (B_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 1)

Trigger:
  • Enter Region C
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region C <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set C_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (C_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)

Trigger:
  • Leave Region C
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region C <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set C_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (C_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 1)

Trigger:
  • Enter Region D
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region D <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set D_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (D_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)

Trigger:
  • Leave Region D
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region D <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set D_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (D_Int[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 1)

Trigger:
  • Hero Set
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Temp_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
            • Set Temp_Int[(Integer A)] = 0
              • If ((A_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 3) and ((B_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0) and ((C_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0) and (D_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0)))) then do (Unit - Create 1 Paladin for (Player((Integer A))) at (Center of Hero Spawn Point <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
              • If ((A_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 2) and ((B_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 1) and ((C_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0) and (D_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0)))) then do (Unit - Create 1 Archmage for (Player((Integer A))) at (Center of Hero Spawn Point <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
              • If ((A_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 2) and ((B_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0) and ((C_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 1) and (D_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0)))) then do (Unit - Create 1 Mountain King for (Player((Integer A))) at (Center of Hero Spawn Point <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
              • If ((A_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 2) and ((B_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0) and ((C_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 0) and (D_Int[(Integer A)] Equal to 1)))) then do (Unit - Create 1 Blood Mage for (Player((Integer A))) at (Center of Hero Spawn Point <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

In that last trigger, just continue making if/then/else statements for each hero.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
what is temp int supose to be?
is it an integer ?
if so what is its array size?

kinda at a loss there.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
Never mind Totaly got it thankyou soooo much every one who helped awsome and quick help.

-UPDATE
oh yeah.
NOW....
How do i code it so after the hero is spawned that the units entering the regions die?
UPDATE-

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
BUMP
i totaly need to get it so that i can only spawn one hero at a time.

- so if there is a hero already spwand they cant spawn another one.
- the only way to spawn another hero is if the one they have dies.
-help how do i do that.

- i need it so after the hero is made for the player.
-that the units that enter the regions to trigger the spawn of the hero Die/explode

thankyou and please help.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
how do i get it so each player can only spawn/have one hero on the feild at a time.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.